Home

Trap find

Posted By: nvwrangler

Trap find - 05/27/19 03:30 AM

Found these for $100 per box, what is a fair market value? 2 of the boxes are unopened.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Trap find - 05/27/19 06:19 AM

If the boxes aren't too badly beat up, you might be able to get $125,00 to $150.00 per unopened box, from the right collector.

They appear to be older Victor traps, before Woodstream Corp. check the top of the box for a date stamping.
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Trap find - 05/28/19 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Found these for $100 per box, what is a fair market value? 2 of the boxes are unopened.

[Linked Image]

Are they Lititz, PA traps or Cleveland, OH traps? In either case I thinks you did just fine. The traps have the longer chains on them and to find sealed boxes of traps is uncommon. I bought two dozen brand new Oneida 14 Jumps that WERE in unopened boxes, but the guy opened the boxes up to "MAKE SURE THERE WERE 12 IN EACH BOX"! When I inquired if he still had the boxes, he replied that he burned them up.

I would store them inside the house, off of a concrete floor, as the cardboard will absorb moisture.

Nice find!

Muskrat Love
Posted By: 160user

Re: Trap find - 05/28/19 08:52 PM

I can sell you a dozen #0 and 1.5 jumps in the original, unopened box and you could start collecting them!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums