Home

Victor box trap

Posted By: RonH

Victor box trap - 05/17/19 01:47 AM

Any one know how old this trap is, or value? Solid top, Doors at both ends, both doors hinged in the middle. Thanks! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Victor box trap - 05/19/19 05:08 PM

Cool trap... ATCO must have made a lot of different things.. I don't think it is all that old..
As far as value: Here is a tackle box that I've dragged around to several flea markets and a trappers convention. But have yet to find someone that thinks it is 15 dollars worth of cool... grin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Victor box trap - 05/19/19 10:01 PM

Not sure of value, but my Brother bought one in the early 80s. I think it was new at the time, but I was young and that is a long time ago to remember something my brother did.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Victor box trap - 05/20/19 06:45 AM

Animal Trap Company of America changed there name to Woodstream Corporation in 1966. So, anything A.T.C. or (ATCO) is before 1966.
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: Victor box trap - 05/23/19 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by RonH
Any one know how old this trap is, or value? Solid top, Doors at both ends, both doors hinged in the middle. Thanks! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here's photo from one of my Woodstream catalogs..... Do not know the year, but all the Victor LS have short chains and the drowning locks on rings. Newhouse 4 1/2 Wolf is picture, no teeth, complete with wolf drag and snap chain.

The trap is called the Tender Trap and is the fold-up model of the Tender Trap. Note the copyright name. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I added the catalog cover..... Maybe Snakecollector can jump in and date it.

I also discovered a GUIDE TO WILDLIFE TRAPS, LURES AND ACCESSORIES and on the cover is Victors new fox logo and traps listed are Victor-Conibear-Newhouse- Northwoods-Soft Catch.

Did Victor buyout Northwoods? No TenderTrap is listed, but Havahart Professional Traps are pictured. Interesting catalog! The Northwoods L.S. listed are only #1 SS, Guard and DS, but the coils are #1-#3, with the #1 Guard being a special order trap.

Are Northwood #1 coil stop loss a hard trap to find?
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Victor box trap - 05/23/19 06:36 AM

Muskrat, I am not failure with that Woodstream catalog, but it looks to be from the 1980's.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Victor box trap - 05/23/19 10:44 PM

Muskrat if you watch ebay there are #1 coil stoploss (guard) traps on auctions a lot of the time. Right now I know there is. I know of a few laying around.
Posted By: RonH

Re: Victor box trap - 05/26/19 12:38 AM

Thank you very much for the pictures and info. Any guesses on value of a genuine Woodstream Tender Trap? Is it a user trap, or a set on the shelf trap? I searched Internet for info and learned tender trap is a name of a movie, a song and a restaurant but found nothing on value.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: Victor box trap - 05/26/19 02:05 AM

I would say it is more of a user trap. You don't see many live traps in any of the trap collector books. It might be a little to new.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums