Home

Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring

Posted By: Anonymous

Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/08/19 06:44 AM

Found a handful of traps today at the dump...one is a galvanized vic 1.5 single long. Whats the story with these and is there any value?
For the curious there was also a vic 1.5 cs, 3 vic 1.5 longs, a couple 11 or 2?dls, a little dls with stubby lil springs and a few others
I love dumpster treasures...cant imagine why someone wouldnt want these...all have strong springs and seem new aside from a bit of rust.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/08/19 01:26 PM

"One mans trash is another mans treasure".... Good thing you were there to rescue those traps!!!

Victor did make longspring traps with a galvanized looking coating in the #0 thru #2 sizes. Supposedly for trapping in the snow. Called the "Alaskan Special"
They are collectable... The only Victor longspring I can think of that could be ordered with "teeth".

Does it look similar to this one?
[Linked Image]

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/08/19 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wylee
Found a handful of traps today at the dump..
For the curious there was also a little dls with stubby lil springs

Any chance of posting a pic of that one??????
Posted By: traphound

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/08/19 10:28 PM

got a better pic of the tooth jaw? may be a taylor cast jaw,worth a few bucks

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/09/19 07:50 AM

It looks just like that but no teeth and new looking.
I will try to post pictures tomorrow..but i never have much success.. Poor signal.

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/09/19 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by traphound
got a better pic of the tooth jaw? may be a taylor cast jaw,worth a few bucks

No traphound, not Taylor jaws... The teeth on the Alaska Specials are just a strip of sheet metal soldered to the jaw... They were sold with or without teeth.
[Linked Image]

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/11/19 04:27 AM

And pics are a no go...as usual.
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/11/19 04:39 AM

Pretty cool that you came upon one of those. I also have one I found hanging in a tree on my trapline.

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/11/19 07:16 AM

3 fingers, in the trash no less! I wonder if it was just some ignorant person or if it was an anti or...

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/11/19 07:37 AM

Anyone who knocks dumpster diving is missing out.. The day before i brought home a yard sweeper, works great..used it today.
Posted By: trapper48

Re: Galvanized victor 1.5 single long spring - 05/11/19 02:05 PM

Not to get away from the original subject of this post, but I found all the materials for my first little cabin,12' X 20' at the local dump/landfill, everything except shingles. Doors, windows, 2 x 4's to 2 x 10's, 4' x 8' vertical siding, even fiberglass insulation. A year after I got it built, I found enough decking to build a deck on two sides of it. I agree with you Wylee, don't knock dumpster diving, it's as addicting as trapping and trap collecting, it still is for me.
Congratulation Wylee, great find!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums