Home

newhouse for the man cave

Posted By: Mr. Ed

newhouse for the man cave - 02/17/19 06:16 AM

Short of spending the big bucks on a bear trap what Newhouse trap would be a cool trap to hang on a wall in my den in the $250-300 price range.
Posted By: Zagman

Re: newhouse for the man cave - 02/17/19 12:05 PM

I like traps with offset jaws and teeth for display.....

A 114 would fit the bill for you in that regard. A 4 1/2 is bigger and usually a little more but it has closed jaws. But if you get it with the long double chain, snap and drag, pretty cool display piece. And, you might be hitting above your high end price range for most of the better ones.......

Triumph 415X's, while NOT Newhouse, are a small bear trap that might serve you well and be in your price range give or take....

MZ
Posted By: MChewk

Re: newhouse for the man cave - 02/17/19 02:19 PM

Go to The Shed Woodsandwaters from NY has what you want.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: newhouse for the man cave - 02/17/19 07:53 PM

for that price I would try to find a complete 4 1/2 trap, chains, drag
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: newhouse for the man cave - 02/17/19 11:56 PM

Just remember good quality newhouse traps are investments so choose wisely and while your enjoying it in your mancave it's also making you interest on your money

Re: newhouse for the man cave - 02/18/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Zagman
I like traps with offset jaws and teeth for display.....

A 114 would fit the bill for you in that regard. A 4 1/2 is bigger and usually a little more but it has closed jaws. But if you get it with the long double chain, snap and drag, pretty cool display piece. And, you might be hitting above your high end price range for most of the better ones.......

Triumph 415X's, while NOT Newhouse, are a small bear trap that might serve you well and be in your price range give or take....

MZ

Mark,I was thinking along the lines of a 114 but have never seen and of the newhouse traps. I have been only collecting the #14 oneida victor jumps.They look intimidating with the teeth,are cheap and I have 3 hung or 4 hung per setup. Ed Milkiewicz

Re: newhouse for the man cave - 02/18/19 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by MChewk
Go to The Shed Woodsandwaters from NY has what you want.

will check it out
© 2024 Trapperman Forums