Home

Wismisss can you check out the old trap in my vide

Posted By: muskrat411

Wismisss can you check out the old trap in my vide - 12/27/18 07:47 AM

Wissmiss or any other antiue trap experts. Can you chek out the old trap margo found in a tree while we were cutting wood? It is oval shaped and seems to have a hook for bait. Video is over on Muskrat411 video journal in wilderness living. It on the video that starts out VK540 blew a piston.. Hard way of doing this but i could not figure out how to post a picture from my iphone.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Wismisss can you check out the old trap in my vide - 12/27/18 01:49 PM

Oval trap with bait hook attached to a tree is fairly descriptive for traps called "Tree Traps" made by several different manufacturers shortly after 1900.
Posted By: trapper48

Re: Wismisss can you check out the old trap in my vide - 12/27/18 02:52 PM

I just watched your video, man you talk about getting away from it all. Your video itself is well worth watching. Getting back to the trap you found in the tree, I don't know what the name is for sure, but I do know it's not a Tree Trap, your trap is a relatively new style, I don't know much about them, I believe it is a Canadian made trap, hopefully someone with more knowledge on them will jump in.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Wismisss can you check out the old trap in my vide - 12/27/18 05:42 PM

trapper48 is right on. It is a Canadian trap... GABRY BIONIC TRAP.. I think they are marketed through SAUVAGEAU?..

The one in the video is missing parts (hood).
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Wismisss can you check out the old trap in my vide - 12/27/18 05:48 PM

There is a picture of one in use in this thread..

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/32032/all/Marten_thread/archive
© 2024 Trapperman Forums