Home

Garage Sale Find

Posted By: 160user

Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 12:19 PM

A buddy of mine found this trap at a garage sale and got it for me. He was all excited because it had "teeth".

From a distance I could tell the teeth were welded, a jaw was missing and the chain was wrong. JUNK is what I figured it was until I picked it up to look at it.

It has probably the nicest Triumph Criss Cross pan I have ever had. Very cool!
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 01:46 PM

Very nice find
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 02:47 PM

WOW! You don't see that pan very often. I just hope it wasn't one of the sales I drove on by...

Definately needs to be resurrected. I don't have much for Triumph parts anymore, BUT I know a guy that knows a guy that could probably fix you right up... grin

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 03:35 PM

I believe Fast Eddy got my Triumph parts and I bet he could reserect it or I may just sell it as is.
Posted By: mtnative

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 03:41 PM

Very Nice
Not sure about the 4 holes in the pan????
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 03:42 PM

I don't get around that much but I've never seen that TRIUMPH stamp
outside the cross.

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 04:12 PM

Yep, the 4 holes is right on that pan. Ol' Smoke you are correct, that is a rare pan stamp and in a hard to find size too. If I were still collecting I would be pretty excited to get it!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 04:44 PM

There is all sorts of cool stuff about that pan. The TRIUMPH stamped over ONEIDA is one of the best features. IMO

Rob - I will give you $5.00 for it. And I will even pay shipping. smile

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
There is all sorts of cool stuff about that pan. The TRIUMPH stamped over ONEIDA is one of the best features. IMO

Rob - I will give you $500.00 for it. And I will even pay shipping. smile

Tempting, so tempting! grin

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 05:10 PM

Sneaky!! I see what you did..........

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/02/18 05:15 PM

Sneaky!! I see what you did..........

What? Me? wink
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: 160user
Yep, the 4 holes is right on that pan. Ol' Smoke you are correct, that is a rare pan stamp and in a hard to find size too. If I were still collecting I would be pretty excited to get it!

Rob, once you get it in your blood it never leaves, AND IT ONLY TAKES THE SMALLEST, MINUTE, MINISCULE THING TO GET THE FIRE GOING AGAIN, LIKE A TRIUMPH CROSS PAN #4. Remember what I always told you, "TRAP COLLECTING IS NOT A HOBBY, IT'S A DISEASE".

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Rob, once you get it in your blood it never leaves, AND IT ONLY TAKES THE SMALLEST, MINUTE, MINISCULE THING TO GET THE FIRE GOING AGAIN, LIKE A TRIUMPH CROSS PAN #4. Remember what I always told you, "TRAP COLLECTING IS NOT A HOBBY, IT'S A DISEASE".

Yep you did and you were right but I am no longer interested in collecting. I had a bad deal that soured me for life on it. That is why they all went away.
Posted By: mike mc murray

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 04:36 AM

That's too bad 160user besides a desease trap collecting should be interesting and fun...

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 02:19 PM

I am no longer interested in collecting. I had a bad deal that soured me for life on it. That is why they all went away.

Come on now... Spare the drama.... This is a Trap Collector Forum, not Peyton Place... wink

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DiggerDale
I am no longer interested in collecting. I had a bad deal that soured me for life on it. That is why they all went away.

Come on now... Spare the drama.... This is a Trap Collector Forum, not Peyton Place... wink

What is "Peyton Place"? I guess we can tell who the retired guys are. Isn't it time for General Hospital or something?

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 07:31 PM

I had to wait for a commercial break to post.....

Rob - I will give you $500.00 for it. And I will even pay shipping. smile

Tempting, so tempting! grin

I thought you lost your sense of humor... But this is one for the books!!!!! grin grin

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/03/18 09:08 PM

Hey, you NEED to have a little fun with Miss Nancy when you can!

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 03:19 AM

Hey. Wouldn't you be surprised if a check for $500.00 showed up in your mail box!! However, at that price, I would expect you to cover the shipping cost..........
Posted By: krumui

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 03:30 AM

I believe the pan should only had 2 holes. All the #3's and 4's I have of that model have 2 holes.
Posted By: mtnative

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 03:34 AM

Yes, I agree the pan should only have 2 holes

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: krumui
I believe the pan should only had 2 holes. All the #3's and 4's I have of that model have 2 holes.

Yes, you guys are correct. A buddy of mine pointed that out the other night and I am "rusty" with what I remember about collector traps. I guess with the extra holes it may as well go in the scrap iron barrel.

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 03:54 PM

If you are sending it to the scrap iron barrel, I will pay shipping to get it to Idaho.

Yes, the extra holes to decrease value but it is still a super cool pan.

BTW - my "original offer" is off the table.

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 05:37 PM

If you are sending it to the scrap iron barrel, I will pay shipping to get it to Idaho.

Yes, the extra holes to decrease value but it is still a super cool pan.

BTW - my "original offer" is off the table.

What? The original $500 offer? I should have jumped at that when I had the chance!

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 05:56 PM

You snooze. You lose. LOL

Better luck next time.

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 06:35 PM

You snooze. You lose. LOL

Better luck next time.

That's the story of my life right there!

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/04/18 07:08 PM

But we still love you. smile. And it's nice to have you back posting on Tman.
Posted By: johnr

Re: Garage Sale Find - 10/05/18 11:44 PM

Triumph GAME trap. Wow.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums