Home

Blake and lamb info wanted

Posted By: Steel setter

Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/26/17 10:34 PM

Hey all...I recently bought some used traps and am curious about this one. Pan reads Blake and Lamb no.1 I don't know anything about old traps but this is the first double long no.1 I've came across. Pan is very readable but my phone can't get a good pic of it. Anyone know estimate of age or anything else about these I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
Posted By: Bruce1

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 12:43 AM

Made after 1969 Used for coon, mink,muskrats

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 12:52 AM

Thanks!! I didn't figure it to be very old...Most of the others that were with it were late 70's and 80's model traps but I hadn't ever seen a double no.1
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 01:25 AM

Dandy MInk and coon trap. Always loved the #11s and double spring #1s. Hopefully fur prices will head in the upward direction.
Posted By: a.s.johnson

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 03:43 AM

Pan could have been replaced.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 05:37 AM

After 1969 all B&L traps were made by Animal Trap Company, the same company that made Victor traps. Once ATCo took over making B&L traps, they went to the humped cross and clamp pan rather than the flat cross and post pan of original B&L traps.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 06:41 PM

Most of those little Blake single jaw double springs are marked 1DS on the pan for double spring. I have sold several full dozen boxes marked that way to collectors who are tman members. The #1 double long Blakes with double jaws are much more scarce and those I have seen were marked only with a 1.

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 11:17 PM

I've got two of these in the bunch I bought and both are single jaw and only have 1 on the pan not 1DS. Any chance they are rare? I planned on setting them next year.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Blake and lamb info wanted - 03/27/17 11:25 PM

In my opinion, the chance of them being rare is 0.00001 %. Put them to good use and catch some fur.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums