Home

Victor 1 ls unopened dozen

Posted By: Brokenboots

Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/12/17 12:25 AM

Unopened box of victors shipped from Sears and roebuck kc mo. A 50 cent and 30 cent stamp on the box for postage. The 30 cent stamp had Robert e Lee on it.
Are these traps worth anything or should I use them?
I'll be dogged if I can upload a photo. Pm me and I'll email one thanks
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/12/17 12:59 AM

Im thinking the box and traps just as they are will have some collector value. Not sure how much but probably enough that you should not open the box and use them.

You might be able to trade for some user traps. Could end up with two dozen users for your dozen new ones.
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/12/17 03:22 PM

Yah I would sell box as one lot on eBay under vintage traps, put a high start price on them you would be surprised what they go for.

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/12/17 05:31 PM

Alrighty, I'll keep trying to upload a pic. Especially of the stamp with Gen. Lee on it, looks like it was just put on there.
Thanks much guys
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/12/17 10:01 PM

The Victor box I bought was date stamped. Look for the manufacture date.
Mine was 1976.

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/12/17 11:49 PM

The shipping label on Brokenboots box is before zip codes were used. Big cities were zone based back then

Kansas City 14, Mo.
Posted By: trapper48

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 01:13 AM

If the Robert E. Lee stamp is .30 cents and its silver-grey and the .50 cent stamp is a cobalt blue color it probably has Susan B. Anthony picture on it, it probably puts your box shipped sometime between 1954-1961 maybe a little after, because the stamps were printed between 1954-1961, still makes the box of traps over 50 years old. Hope this helps.

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 01:18 AM

The 50 cent stamp is a pale purple (lilac) color. It has a man on it. William Howard ???

The ??? Is the persons last name which I can't read because a cancelation line runs through it.

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 01:21 AM

The end of the box has both Lititz PA and Niagara Falls, ONT. Printed on the box.
Posted By: trapper48

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 02:28 AM

Could be William Howard Taft, that series was printed only in 1938, as far as I know, but then again the Postal service still could have been selling them for a number of years after that. So, it could be as early as 1954, when the .30 cent Robert E. Lee was printed.
I don't remember what the time frame for the ATC Niagara Falls plant was, that would narrow them down more.

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 04:34 AM

The 50 cent stamp IS Taft. Just got it in good light to see. Still no luck uploading.
Ol smoke where was the date on your box located?

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 04:39 AM

I have pictures of this box in an email from Brokenboots. I don't know how to put them on here.

I would be happy to email them to some one that knows how to post them here.
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 01:51 PM

Bboots, mine was just stamped on the outside IIRC.
It was Victor #110s I put in Assn. auction.
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 04:11 PM

Re: Victor 1 ls unopened dozen - 03/13/17 06:10 PM

Thanks okie. The traps around the box are another dozen I got that had their box eaten by mice. Apparent they have never seen weather.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums