Home

Early New house (keyhole spring eye)

Posted By: HOUTS32

Early New house (keyhole spring eye) - 01/13/17 04:12 PM

Does anyone happen to have a picture of a keyhole spring eye from an old newhouse. I think I might have one, but am now sure what it looks like.

Thanks for any help,
Houts
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Early New house (keyhole spring eye) - 01/13/17 06:09 PM

Actually, the early spring eye was round and the trap has a bolted jaw post. The latter traps have a riveted jaw post and the key hole in the lower spring eye is so that you can turn the spring at a right angle and remove it over the jaw post after you remove the jaws. This is only on single spring Newhouse.

Re: Early New house (keyhole spring eye) - 01/13/17 06:52 PM

Yep, that's just what I needed. Is it possible to have the key hole on a Dec. 16 Patton date pan? I have a #1 long with the key hole but it has a patton date pan on it.

Thanks again,
Houts
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: Early New house (keyhole spring eye) - 01/13/17 07:58 PM

The pat dates all have it

Re: Early New house (keyhole spring eye) - 01/13/17 08:13 PM

Ok Thanks, So the small circular eye is an older model?
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Early New house (keyhole spring eye) - 01/13/17 08:49 PM

The forged spring traps have a round bottom eye and are older. The last model with a riveted pan have a Victor type spring and no jaw post, these have a large round eye. I had said before, on single spring Newhouse but sizes larger than a #1 all have a bolted jaw post and will have a round eye. Basically, if it has a jaw post riveted to the base, it has a key hole spring eye. This will be on sizes #0,1,81,91.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums