Home

Montgomery Stake and Take 110

Posted By: rednecktrapper

Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/25/16 01:13 AM

My uncle gave me this at dinner today. Can anyone give me any details on it. Thanks!!

Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/25/16 06:22 AM

Made by Montgomery Trap Company of Mahaffey, PA in the late 1970s, maybe up until 1983.

The dog set up was a bit unusually and didn't function as well as say a Conibear dog.

The Stake-n-Take original traps should have a flat bracket on one of the jaw rivets that can be bent out to insert the stake through. The original stake was about 12 inches long and slightly smaller in thickness than a pencil. I can't imagine the stake was long enough or sturdy enough to hold anything in place.

In new condition, with stake and bracket, you are looking at about $7.50 each. I can't tell from the picture if the bracket is there or not.
Posted By: rednecktrapper

Re: Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/25/16 04:08 PM

Thank You!
Posted By: Bruce1

Re: Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/25/16 11:46 PM

They had factory tours and would give one trap away to people that attended tours
Posted By: Gill33

Re: Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/26/16 02:26 AM

sent you a message. like wissmiss said, it's a $10 tops trap. but to a guy like me, it holds value other than monetary.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/26/16 05:34 AM

For a Montgomery trap collector, that trap and the bag it came in would be quite an addition to their collection. I doubt many of the bags are still around.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Montgomery Stake and Take 110 - 11/27/16 12:08 AM

For the rat trapper who has ever had the misfortune of having to use those traps, he'd likely throw that trap out the truck window.
They are awful. You have to chase the spring around the corner of those straight jaws and the triggers were no fun either, especially with cold hands.
Maybe you can find a Montgomery collector who has never trapped with them before.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums