Home

I could use some help with Trap Values

Posted By: 330-Trapper

I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/13/16 09:34 PM

I purchased 34 Traps yesterday at a private collectors Auction and I have some very Unique Names on the Pans of 24 of them.

I think if anyone could help by seeing these pictures, I could take closer shots of the Traps in Question. So here they are.

Two of the 34 traps I bought seem the most interesting :First one the Tag says Briddel Champion 1.5 Rare size made 1939 only / however the Pan says CUSHIN GRIP HUMANE TRAP with a B cut out in the pan its a Jump.

Second one is a 2 coil 5 of 90 NTA 0000090 BUTERA MFG.IND.
WILLOUGHBY HILLS OHIO it looks to be a 1.5 size but there is no stamped trap size on the pan. It is a 3/16 offset Jaw trap

So I have some Kangaroo Traps and 22 others that look Unusually odd/rare to me and then 10 more that I would use muskrat trapping.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/13/16 09:54 PM

Both the BMI and the Cushion Grip, along with the kangaroos are probably collectors. Price will depend on condition, any damage or mods, etc.

There could be some other collectors in the bunch - I think I see at least one Triumph - but close up pictures will be required.

Don't do any cleaning or tinkering until you figure out exactly what you have.
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/13/16 09:54 PM

Your Cush in Grip has a book value of $75 in good condition and $150 in excellent condition.

The BMI is pretty cool but not sure how much collector value there is unless someone collects all the various NTA traps.

Kangaroos have some value slightly above user value. You will need to give more details with size, pan shape, and how clean the pans are.

In most cases size #0 are going to be worth a lot more that #1 or #1 1/2.

Need details and close up pictures.

Edited to say looks like wissmiss beat me by a few seconds.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/13/16 10:14 PM

Sure wish I had known that about the #0's last night tired

what is the correct method to be able to read the Pans? I have only wiped a couple softly with a dry paper towel just enough to read them with a good light and reading glasses.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 12:21 AM

One of the preferred ways to clean pans is a shot or two of WD40 and an old toothbrush. That should remove loose dirt and rust.

You don't want to clean to bare metal using vinegar or some other chemical.

Some traps, like Blake & Lamb were lightly stamped to begin with and no amount of cleaning will make them more readable.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 01:54 AM

Thank You Wissmiss & Okiecntry I will be brushing them off lightly with a toothbrush and Taking some better shots of them soon Here.

The NTA trap is really a piece of Art in my view... a very well put together Trap.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 02:32 AM

You've got a bunch of traps. If you don't want to over whelm the Tman responders, deal with a few of them at a time.

I would start with the non- Victors. The traps without a V in the pan.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 04:05 AM

Knew what non Vic's were... LOL!

but thanks for the Advice... I will heed it, Scott

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 05:43 AM

Sorry. Didn't mean to insult you. Just trying to help. smile
Posted By: coonwise

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 12:18 PM

On the cushion grip what condition is the rubber pads in. And is all the brass and rivets intact?? They are not super rare so they get graded hard To get excellent condition price it will need to be near mint condition. The thing with those is they stretch the brass on some to get the rivets in so many have breaks in the brass.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
Sorry. Didn't mean to insult you. Just trying to help. smile

You should know that around tman that wasn't even close to an insult... ;)I appreciate your Help also!!!

Coonwise, I am taking 3 shots of the trap, it does not appear to have been built with pads of anysort. maybe some trapper put the "B" Pan on another trap? I am shrinking the pictures now and then I will post them. Thanks.

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/14/16 01:41 PM

Here is a couple closer shots of the "B" Jump Trap that says Cushin Grip Humane Trap on the pan.

"The Tag says 1.5 rare size Made in 1939 only " I'm sure you guys will know whats what with the Trap/pan and condition. Thanks for your Help.

I did not use any oil or toothbrush yet on the pan. just wiped it with a paper towel dry.
Posted By: traphound

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/15/16 09:47 PM

I see a couple of gibbs single grips,might be king bees ! and a 0 I think. Any of those jumps say sargent? grin
Posted By: coonwise

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 09/16/16 01:57 PM

Cushion grips have pads held on by brass strips your trap could of had pan changed also could be what is called a barrel trap when animal trap brought out company's as is the case with Briddel they would get barrel of parts and just make traps with what would work.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: I could use some help with Trap Values - 12/03/16 12:04 PM

Neat old traps 330, I'm watching this post as I have started collecting jump traps, wish I could help out with info
© 2024 Trapperman Forums