Home

Finally... a Garage Sale find

Posted By: DiggerDale

Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 06:40 PM

Guy said "Them traps are to old and small to be worth much".... Music to my ears... I didn't even haggle.. And they all cleaned up real nice.

I thought that 0 kangaroo might be worth something but the book price on the Kompact 0 must be a misprint....
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 06:57 PM

The guy was correct, they are not worth much. To make you feel better I will pay you back and pay shipping.

Dang good find! Just what did you pay?
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 08:05 PM

Probably not worth the gas you spent to drive to the yard sale. I'll cover shipping if you want to send them to me. smile
Posted By: trapping wanabee

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 08:06 PM

I bought a Kompakt #1 that looks to be in the same condition as yours. Was $5.00 a deal or is that what they are worth. I was just figuring on using it.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Okiecntry
The guy was correct, they are not worth much. To make you feel better I will pay you back and pay shipping.

Dang good find! Just what did you pay?

I don't dare say the price. These will be going with to the Minnesota Trappers convention tomorrow and might get traded. And there is a good possibility it will be a T-man member involved in the deal.....

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: trapping wanabee
I bought a Kompakt #1 that looks to be in the same condition as yours. Was $5.00 a deal or is that what they are worth. I was just figuring on using it.

I think the Kompakt #1s are pretty common and the book price reflects that.... But apparently the #0 isn't very common.... That or my price guide has a misprint.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
Probably not worth the gas you spent to drive to the yard sale. I'll cover shipping if you want to send them to me. smile

You always say that... I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DiggerDale
Originally Posted By: wissmiss

You always say that... I think I'm starting to see a pattern here.

At least I'm offering to give you your money back and pay shipping. LOL
Posted By: longbow31

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 10:08 PM

only thing I ever find at a garage sale are pants that are 3 sizes too small. Good find Dale!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/11/16 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: trapping wanabee

$5.00 is about the going price for a # 1 Kompact, unless it is super, super nice. If it has any flaws at all, it would be a user trap, in my opinion.

#0 Kompact are more difficult to find and thus worth more.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: longbow31
only thing I ever find at a garage sale are pants that are 3 sizes too small. Good find Dale!

Dustin, I heard rumor that some guy from Festus, Missouri has pretty much cleaned out all the collector traps in Missouri and a few nearby states.
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 01:43 AM

LOL Dale, I'm starting in the lower end of Minnesota tomorrow and working my way up. I have heard that antique rare collector traps are thick as hair on a dogs back up around Deer River.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 02:17 AM

ain't both of you all bout ready to retire from this trap collecting and leave me all your stuff?

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 02:23 AM

I've quit this trap collecting at least 5 times.... It's just hard to stay quit....

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 02:32 AM

Dale, as I always emphasize, "TRAP COLLECTING IS NOT A HOBBY. IT'S A DISEASE".

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 02:41 AM

Penicillin won't even touch it

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 03:21 AM

That is true Dustin, but a trip to Kalamazoo will help a little.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Nhousecattrapper
That is true Dustin, but a trip to Kalamazoo will help a little.

I can't wait!!
Posted By: trapper48

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: longbow31
Penicillin won't even touch it

I had the same problem with alcohol as I do with trap collecting and I got a couple penicillin shots and it took care of..... O WAIT!! THE PENICILLAN SHOTS WERE FOR SOMETHING ELSE......

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/12/16 11:37 PM

LOL Dale, I'm starting in the lower end of Minnesota tomorrow and working my way up. I have heard that antique rare collector traps are thick as hair on a dogs back up around Deer River.

Wont work brother, Skunkskinner has got them all bought up and he's hording them!!
Posted By: 160user

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/13/16 12:43 AM

Nice find Dale!

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/13/16 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: trapper48

Wont work brother, Skunkskinner has got them all bought up and he's hording them!!

YEP! I met a skunkskinner in Fergus Falls today and he was selling user traps but holding on to the REALY good stuff.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/13/16 02:10 AM

That would be the Skunk skinner I know! How was the MTA convention going Dale?

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/13/16 02:49 AM

The convention was way busier than I figured considering fur prices. Some dollars were changing hands but nothing like Owattana a few years back. I sold a few things, traded a few things, and bought a few things.....But the camaraderie is priceless......
It sprinkled a little today and while everyone was covering their stuff my wife asked..."Why cover rusty traps".....
Posted By: skunk skinner

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/15/16 02:30 AM

Heaven's NO there are great finds each day, they all seem to be in MO. and Minn. Haven't even heard of a good trap getting found in Iowa. You guys need to quit spreading rumors again.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/15/16 04:22 PM

I bought a sparrow trap for $10.00 this weekend. The guy was pretty amazed that I knew what it was. LOL

I'm not sure I will ever use it but it is a good conversation piece.

I passed up a $30-330 and some $5 to $10-110's. I did almost buy some $4 BMI 1 1/2 coilsprings.

This is not an actual picture of it but one I found on the internet.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/15/16 11:40 PM

Jody (hope I got that right), At least you knew what you were getting. I picked up this for the same price and I got no idea what it is...... Maybe a Gibbs 7th model live muskrat trap?

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/15/16 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: skunk skinner
Heaven's NO there are great finds each day, they all seem to be in MO. and Minn. Haven't even heard of a good trap getting found in Iowa. You guys need to quit spreading rumors again.

I don't what to start any rumors.... But...I heard tell there is a barn full of old traps near Osage Iowa....And you will be tripping over Nisbets, Cortlands, and Dwights just to get to the good stuff....

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/16/16 12:09 AM

Originally Posted By: DiggerDale
Originally Posted By: skunk skinner

I don't what to start any rumors.... But...I heard tell there is a barn full or old traps near Osage Iowa....And you will be tripping over Nisbets, Cortlands, and Dwights just to get to the good stuff....

Not to mention the Newhouse 4 prong "Pot Holders", OH BUT WAIT!! You can't find any good stuff in Iowa, so someone says!
Posted By: skunk skinner

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/16/16 05:14 AM

Come on now, you don't see any pictures on here from me, of course I would have to know how it's done first. No Nisbets, Cortlands, or Dwights, here I certainly would not pass them up if you guys were to send some my way. I have seen them but they were not in the state of Iowa. certainly not in my barn anyway! Diggerdale it was good to see you over the weekend, but it seems to me you were the one carrying around the bargains, sorry but I didn't bring anything home with me. Please don't feel sorry for me! Kevin, I will see you soon enough, thanks for the grief.

Re: Finally... a Garage Sale find - 08/16/16 12:36 PM

It's always a pleasure Phil, I do what I can! See you in a few days in Kalamazoo?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums