Home

#2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs

Posted By: trapper48

#2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 01:33 AM

Here are a few pictures of a #2 Riveted pan Newhouse with stamped springs that I got a few years back. I have heard and been told that Animal Trap Company never made a #2 riveted pan with the stamped springs, but this one is all original and came out of the wild, so there has to be more out there.

Posted By: longbow31

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 01:57 AM

Sure is in great shape.
Posted By: skorittnig1977

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 03:18 AM

great looking #2
Posted By: cascade

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 03:36 AM

Great looking trap.
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 12:43 PM

Great looking #2 Riv Pan, especially with spring stamps.
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 01:47 PM

Nice trap. Am I missing something, you mentioned that you were told that ATC never made a trap with stamped springs but this one looks to be Oneida Community and not ATC?
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 02:44 PM

Very nice trap, you will not see many like that with stamped springs. The riveted pan Newhouse traps were made by Animal Trap Comp. after they bought out the trap business from Oneida Community in 1925. A.T.C. continued to use the Oneida name on some of their traps in order to keep the customers and the reputation of the Oneida quality.

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 03:32 PM

I learn something new everyday. Thanks snakecollector!
Posted By: trapper48

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 04:31 PM

I apologize Okie, I should have went into a little more detail about Animal Trap Co. and thank you Dean for your Animal Trap Co. and Oneida Community history contribution, the combined contributions and trap knowledge is what makes this site a great collector trap resource for all collectors.
Thank you everyone for your contributions,
Kevin

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 05:32 PM

No apology necessary. I'm all about learning myself. I have a #2 rivet pan Hawley Norton that I was told was not very common. I guess they went through the same change?
Posted By: skorittnig1977

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 07:35 PM

I didn't know that Dean
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 09:11 PM

The Hawley and Norton riveted pan traps are a little different story than the riveted pan Newhouse traps. With Newhouse traps only size #2 and smaller were changed to riveted pans by A.T.C., larger sizes remained cast pans and jaws. Hawley & Norton traps were a cheaper brand of trap and Oneida Community had changed all sizes #0 thru #4 from a cast pan to a riveted pan to save money. A.T.C. discontinued the Hawley & Norton brand just a few years after they bought out Oneida Community.
Posted By: PaulB

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 07/28/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: snakecollector
Very nice trap, you will not see many like that with stamped springs. The riveted pan Newhouse traps were made by Animal Trap Comp. after they bought out the trap business from Oneida Community in 1925. A.T.C. continued to use the Oneida name on some of their traps in order to keep the customers and the reputation of the Oneida quality.
Originally Posted By: snakecollector

And also to use up the older O. C. Parts
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 08/07/16 09:22 PM

Kevin, Rest assured there are at least two out there. But mine ain't near as pretty as yours.....
Posted By: Waz

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 08/20/16 07:19 PM

Whats the value of this trap?
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 08/21/16 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Waz
Whats the value of this trap?

I gave 15 bucks for the one I posted but I kinda doubt trapper48 would let his go for that.
Posted By: Waz

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 08/22/16 01:19 PM

Thanks, not a serious collector, or collector for that matter, but occasionally pick up an older trap to tuck away in the barn for my kids when I am down the road.
Posted By: Denny

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 08/23/16 09:54 PM

I have a 81 transition with stamped spring
Posted By: Diggdug

Re: #2 Newhouse Riveted Pan with Stamped Springs - 08/26/16 03:35 PM

Thank you all for sharing your knowledge! I learn a lot here!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums