Home

Collector traps f/s

Posted By: Jeff Runyon

Collector traps f/s - 07/20/16 02:57 PM

I am new to this site and have a question on a set of jaws stamped "B58-2" on the center of the inside edge of the bite surface. The specs on these are as follow: 6" between inside of jaw legs, 3.3"from bottom of legs to top center of arch (standing height), .165" thickness of leg, and .237" thickness (top to bottom of bite surface). I'm guessing Newhouse because to the left of this stamp I can see another symbol resembling the state of PA. Maybe I'm asking in the wrong forum but at least it's a start and I may get some advice here on who I should ask! Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Jeff
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/20/16 06:08 PM

Hi Jeff,
First, photos would be helpful. I am not familiar with that # but it is likely a casting #. By the measurements, it is a #4 size. The #4 Oneida Newhouse, with heavy off set jaws, made by Animal Trap Comp. has a casting # and a symbol on the inside surface of the jaws. "-299-5"

Dean

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/20/16 07:47 PM

Jeff,
I saw your photos on EBay, they do look to be Newhouse jaws but like I said, I am not familiar with that #. The two round dimples on the inside face of the jaws is consistent with some Newhouse jaws.

Dean

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/20/16 08:06 PM

Thanks for the answers! I have Newhouse #4s but no match as these jaws are not offset. I also tried uploading pics but was not doing something correct! Regards, Jeff

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/20/16 08:23 PM

Thanks for posting the pics, helps me a bunch! I just want to find the exact model these go to as I have many! I had to laugh when I saw my pics posted by somebody else! Cheers, Jeff

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/20/16 10:50 PM

Jeff,
I found your trap. My stamped pan A.T,C., Oneida Newhouse #4 has those jaws and my raised letter #4 does not. That doesn't mean that a raised letter pan #4 can not have these jaws though. My #3 stamped pan and my raised letter pan jaws have a similar # "B58-1" and the keystone symbol.

Dean

Posted By: MChewk

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/21/16 07:38 PM

Some fine looking traps guys!

Re: Collector traps f/s - 07/23/16 05:33 AM

Dean, That is precisely the answer I needed! I'll have a few more questions in the future!
Thanks a million for all your help as it appears the -1s were for #3s & -2s were for the #4s
Cheers,Jeff
© 2024 Trapperman Forums