Home

value range

Posted By: adam m

value range - 06/24/16 02:07 PM

Might be looking at a Diamond #4 and a Triumph #4 today.
Can anyone give an estimate of value? Bad condition - excellent condition

No pics as of now.
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: value range - 06/24/16 02:28 PM

I will also be interested in opinions on these, as I have some.
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: value range - 06/24/16 03:12 PM

$10-$20 for most common ones in good condition. Some old Triumphs could be worth a lot more.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: value range - 06/24/16 03:51 PM

Both of those traps are fairly common. Top dollar would be about $25.00 and for that price they better be in perfect condition.

If the traps have been modified at all, then the collector value is gone. They are just user traps.

Also, check the readability of the pan - very important on common collector traps. Trapper markings on the pan is another reason for a price downgrade.

A couple of things to watch for on the. # 4 Triumph pan is the stamping. If it is a 2 hole pan model (factory done not trapper done) with clear stamping or if it is a "crossed pan" - Triumph stamped twice in an 'X" pattern meeting at the U - then the value could go up if the rest of the trap is in complete original condition.

Good Luck. Looking forward to pictures later on today.

Re: value range - 06/24/16 04:51 PM

Sweet thanks.

Re: value range - 06/24/16 07:14 PM

I didn't make it to that area today after all. But will try to get there by wed. at the latest.

Re: value range - 07/11/16 07:34 PM

Finally made it to the store. The guy thought it was a diamond #4 but it's a diamond #3 but it is in nice condition

Re: value range - 07/11/16 07:38 PM

Here's the #3

Re: value range - 07/11/16 09:45 PM

What's the value of the #3?
I'm thinking he wants too much. He wants 45.00
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: value range - 07/11/16 11:32 PM

Yes, that is too much. That trap is what they call a mystery barrel trap. It does have a Diamond pan but it was assembled from parts that were acquired by Animal Trap Comp. of America when they bought out other companies. The base looks to be Blake & Lamb, the springs and swivel and maybe jaws are Triumph. These traps were sold by Taylor Fur Comp. in the late 1930's. That would still be too much if it was a factory Diamond.

Re: value range - 07/12/16 01:34 PM

Thanks
© 2024 Trapperman Forums