Home

A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER ..

Posted By: No.4

A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/17/16 02:28 AM

... TRAPS. by Waymon Vest.

I've seen the book listed on eBay, but it seems that they are, currently, sold out. Has anyone bought a copy, and if so, what do you think about it? Sounds like an interesting book.
Posted By: trappertom52

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 01:58 AM

Hmmm. Must be good to be selling out already!
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 03:14 AM

Like his first book where as he Plagiarized Alfred Williams book and signed his named to it. this one like his first full of fallacies he made up, is once again as the 1st, the biggest waist of print and paper ever published. You saw how long he lasted on here when he was on this site, about a week.

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 10:56 AM

I never knew that Waymon Vest was a forum member! Interesting.
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 02:07 PM

Yup, went by the name of pineywoods!

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 4zebra61
Yup, went by the name of pineywoods!

I was wondering what happened to that guy. He just kinda rolled in, like a storm, and then faded away ... lol!!
Posted By: 4zebra61

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 02:57 PM

Paul runs a tight ship here, thanks Paul!
Posted By: PaulB

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Nhousecattrapper
Like his first book where as he Plagiarized Alfred Williams book and signed his named to it. this one like his first full of fallacies he made up, is once again as the 1st, the biggest waist of print and paper ever published. You saw how long he lasted on here when he was on this site, about a week.

Thanks Bruce for an honest and true post,,,,,,
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 09:34 PM

I don't think pineywoods "faded away". My recollection is that he went out with a bang. An unceremonial boot to the butt!!
Posted By: mtnative

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 10:50 PM

Yes-
Bruce you are right on mark with your book comments.
Thanks

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/18/16 10:51 PM

I can't remember him doing anything wrong. I must have missed it?

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/24/16 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Nhousecattrapper
Like his first book where as he Plagiarized Alfred Williams book and signed his named to it.

News flash - Waymon helped Alfred write his book.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 01:15 AM

Yes No. 4, Waymon did contribute a large part of Alfred Williams book, there is a special acknowledgement in the front of the book stating that a large portion of the information in the book came from Waymon.

I have Waymon's new book but I have not yet had time to read all of it. I do not agree with everything in Waymon's book but so far, it is an informative and interesting book. There are lots of stories from his life and his trap collecting adventures. Like I said, I do not agree with Waymon on all of his ideas. In fact he added a supplement page to his new book after it came from the printers just to rebut my opinion of what the "V" cut in the pan of a Victor or Oneida Jump trap stands for. I think anything you read you should not take as fact but take into consideration and use as a guide. When I give dates and information on traps I try to be as accurate as possible and get what I have from reliable souses but I don't always have all of the answers. Over all a worth while book.

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 01:28 AM

I ordered a copy of the book so that I can check it out.

Here's a little video of what I found in the chicken coop the other day. Thought you might like it. I should have captured it horizontally, but at the time I captured it, I wasn't planning on showing it.

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 03:03 AM

When I was in the Air Force, stationed in Mississippi I caught a lot of those, they are Gray rat snakes. They eat a lot or rodents but will eat small chickens and eggs.

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: snakecollector
When I was in the Air Force, stationed in Mississippi I caught a lot of those, they are Gray rat snakes. They eat a lot or rodents but will eat small chickens and eggs.

They definitely love the eggs. I'd say that they are the most common snake in our immediate area. I really don't mind them taking an egg or two once in awhile. It's kind of a game that we play. I catch and relocate them to the opposite end of the property, and in a couple of days, they'll be back. It's either that or there are a lot more around than I think there are. lol! They seem to way outnumber the Racers and Coachwhips. Once in awhile I'll see a red or Yellow Rat Snake. There's also a hybrid Rat Snake around, but I can't remember the name. I've always liked snakes. I started hunting them at the age of ten. Back then, it was Garter snakes. I've got some pretty neat videos of Diamondbacks that I need to upload some day.

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 05:42 AM

I do the same thing here on my property with our local rattlesnakes the Northern Pacific. When I find them around the house or barns I catch them and take them up on the other end of the property, about a mile. I am sure that it does not take them long to get back down but I like them. I have an Eastern Diamondback, he is one of my favorites.

Posted By: 2 TRAPS

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 02:22 PM

You sir are a different kind of sick. Shew....
Posted By: cascade

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 02:34 PM

However, He's really nice!
Posted By: trapper48

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 02:58 PM

How many snakes are in the top picture with the big rocks? That's a bunch to move at one time...

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 03:36 PM

Thank you Greg. That is a den that I found a few years ago, there was about 20 snakes in that one.
Posted By: bonehunter7

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 06/28/16 09:23 PM

I've caught, killed, gutted, skinned, a lot of things but have always had a bad snake phobia!! As I scrolled down this page I about had a heart attack... LOL Thanks for them bad dreams I'm going to have tonight. Ha
Posted By: X3012

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 07/11/16 03:51 AM

So I was going to buy Waymond's new book and was curious what is not factual in it .I'm a trapper not a collector and would like to know what lines in the book that you think are false .
Posted By: X3012

Re: A HISTORY OF S. NEWHOUSE, BLAKE LAMB, AND OTHER .. - 07/11/16 04:00 AM

So I was going to buy Waymond's new book and was curious what is not factual in it .I'm a trapper not a collector and would like to know what lines in the book that you think are false . A q
© 2024 Trapperman Forums