Home

did blake and lamb make a 4 dls

Posted By: jzahntrapper

did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/21/16 03:50 PM

if so do you have any pics
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/21/16 04:15 PM

Yes. They made both an older model (flat cross and post pan) and a newer model ( humped cross and clamp pan). The newer model was made by ATCo for B&L and looks very much like a Victor # 4 double long.

Sorry, no pictures.

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/21/16 04:23 PM

thank you
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/22/16 12:50 AM

Theres quite a few #4 blakes out there esp in beaver country

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/22/16 01:01 PM

I would like to have one for my collection
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/22/16 01:43 PM

I had one, but a beaver man bought it for about $30.
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/25/16 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
Yes. They made both an older model (flat cross and post pan) and a newer model ( humped cross and clamp pan). The newer model was made by ATCo for B&L and looks very much like a Victor # 4 double long.

Sorry, no pictures.

Hi Nancy, did the older models have a bigger jaw spread? Reason I ask is that if I recall correctly ( and I may not) I have one and believe I measured the jaw spread once and it was larger than a Victor #4 by quite a bit. It's been a couple of years and I'm not a collector, just got some of what I think are cool hanging around.
Posted By: Keith Daniels

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/25/16 02:31 AM

Are you sure you don't have a #44 harleydparts? Jaws are more like the old #5 Bridger.

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/25/16 02:52 AM

I think Keith is right. A # 44 B&L would have a larger jaw spread than a # 4 B&L.

To the best of my knowledge, the jaw spread of a # 4 Victor double long and a # 4 B&L (regardless of model) would be the same.

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/25/16 03:06 PM

The era that the #44's were made they had a very light pan stamp, good chance it's not legible. I just put a tape on one and it's 7.25 inch inside jaw spread, but I'm pretty sure the springs are the same as on the #4. Agree with wissmiss on the other #4's being basically the same.

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/25/16 04:52 PM

Another difference would be the shape of the pan, if the trap is factory original (you never know what a trapper mightnhave done).

# 4 double long - round pan

# 44 double long - square pan
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/26/16 12:34 PM

Thanks Nancy and Keith, I'll have to check and see what I actually have. I won't be home till July so hopefully I'll remember to check.

Re: did blake and lamb make a 4 dls - 05/26/16 01:03 PM

Good point wissmiss, I have a lot of blake double undersprings so I guess square pan just seems normal to me!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums