Home

trap id

Posted By: nyrat

trap id - 04/17/16 06:27 PM

size #1 dogless rolled steel jaws pan not readabled wrong chain what is it and value thanks

Posted By: lots of mink

Re: trap id - 04/17/16 07:01 PM

All steel made by onieda communiy 1880s made for 10 years or so. First ones probably come out of Canada.
Value 1-5$ IMO holes in pan, wrong chain and unreadable makes it worthless basically.
Posted By: nyrat

Re: trap id - 04/17/16 07:48 PM

thanks
Posted By: peaver

Re: trap id - 04/17/16 09:15 PM

what is the proper chain on this trap? I have one with thin fig 8 chain and wedge on the ring.
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: trap id - 04/18/16 12:10 AM

Ive sold three or four and I can tell you an unreadable pan is not a great seller.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: trap id - 04/18/16 12:27 AM

When it comes to collector traps, damaged pans or pans that are not readable greatly lower the value of a trap.

In the case of the All-Steel, they are rare enough (my opinion) that the one in the picture would be perfect for a trap collector that was just getting started and wanted an All-Steel for the neat jaws but can't afford a really nice one.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: trap id - 04/18/16 01:54 AM

I can't see the whole chain, it looks like it may have a cast 8 link on the swivel. This trap came with several different chains, I have seen a few with the cast 8 but most have the cut link or the wire Niagara pattern chain. Very few of the Oneida All Steel traps had 100% legible pans from the factory, they just did not stamp them very well. That is why one with a good pan has some value but one with an unreadable pan and other issues does not have much value. The #1 is the most common size, then #1 1/2. The #0 and #4 are the toughest to find in good condition.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums