Home

Looking for info on my find of a life time

Posted By: Als

Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/29/16 08:01 AM

Found this wired to the rafters in a loft of a fallen down barn. Any ideas what or how old. Thanks

Wheres the pictures? Being developed i bet. Hope they make it.

Posted By: cohunt

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/29/16 01:20 PM

Mustang Trap. I cannot read the spring stamp but that is likely the manuf. Made about 1900.

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/29/16 04:20 PM

This trap measures 4 feet and in extremely great condition. I also have a large hand forget chain that was wired to it as well. Is there any value. Looks to be all hand forged.
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/29/16 05:18 PM

First I've seen. I can't see a pan.
Posted By: No.4

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/29/16 08:01 PM

Very interesting trap.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/29/16 08:24 PM

No doubt a great find... But never say the find of a lifetime because there may be something better comes along!

My book says $750 but it's not the updated version.

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/31/16 12:45 AM

Anyone else have any info or year. Maker stamped in a few places on the stock.
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/31/16 05:41 AM

I believe they were produced from around 1896 or maybe a little latter until around 1905 t0 1910. You trap looks to be missing the pan assembly on it, so I would go back to where you found it and try to find the rest of it.
Posted By: ddfen2

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/31/16 01:29 PM

Here is a article on your trap from the NATCA traps magazine February 1995 by Tony Diebold. Tony has that trap in his Collection and would know more about it ,if you contacted him. Bruce on the last picture of this trap isn''t that the pan ? I can see it on the one in the traps magazine article. Sorry the picture isn't clearer of the article.
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/31/16 07:16 PM

Thanks Don, I see it on that last picture now. Have you picked up any of the Mustang Traps out in California?
Posted By: ddfen2

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/31/16 07:54 PM

Only when I am dreaming the night before a Antique swap meet Bruce LOL Never

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 01/31/16 11:55 PM

That's it. Thank you. Very interesting. Somehow made its to the southern sierra mountains where extreme flooding has exposed a whole new treasure trove of fun. Now we have a foot of snow on the ground. Found this trap along with some forged chains and a ore bucket I believe yesterday. Can't get picture to load. Finger to big for these little buttons. It has a V#2 jump with a stamp that looks like. NY. with a chain. Thanks again for this info.
Posted By: Elkguy

Re: Looking for info on my find of a life time - 02/01/16 08:29 PM

Very cool find.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums