Home

U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N

Posted By: coonbone

U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N - 09/15/15 01:22 AM

Im assuming that it stands for United States Bureau of Sport Fish and Wildlife. Trap also has U.S. stamped jaws. It is all original and in great shape. How rare is that stamping? any Idea on its value? Thanks.
Posted By: 160user

Re: U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N - 09/15/15 10:40 AM

That is a new acronym to me.
Posted By: ringtail 60

Re: U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N - 09/19/15 01:23 AM

I have a trap stamped that way also. Does your trap appear to be hand stamped or factory?
Posted By: cohunt

Re: U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N - 09/19/15 02:24 AM

History of the name. In 1956 the US Fish and Wildlife Service was split into the Bureau of Commercial Fisheries and the Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife and the organization remained that way until 1971 when activities associated with commercial fishing were either canceled(inland fisheries work) or transferred to a new agency called the National Marine Fisheries Service under NOAA in the department of Commerce. After 1971, the distinction and the name Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife were no longer needed and all remaining activities were thereafter conducted under the name US Fish and Wildlife Service. Traps marked with BSFW were therefore stamped during that 15-year-long period.
Posted By: ringtail 60

Re: U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N - 09/19/15 01:28 PM

Thank you. Interesting information.
Posted By: coonbone

Re: U.S. BSFW stamped victor 3N - 09/20/15 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ringtail 60
I have a trap stamped that way also. Does your trap appear to be hand stamped or factory?
Mine appears to be a factory stamping.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums