Home

Zero traps

Posted By: Nittany Lion

Zero traps - 07/10/15 09:14 PM

Are there any Victor or Blake & Lamb size 0 traps that have good collector value?
Posted By: coonwise

Re: Zero traps - 07/11/15 03:14 AM

not sure Jim but the early no Vs stamped in them have some value. I just picked up a Kompact 0 which was made by victor. It books up to 200 I believe. there are some who argue there value but this is the 1st I have seen in person and there was one on here a couple years ago.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Zero traps - 07/11/15 03:45 AM

The earliest Blakes are quite valuable(thousands). Later Blakes and the earliest Victors can bring hundreds if nice. All before about 1900 have some value.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Zero traps - 07/11/15 12:39 PM

I have a #0 victor wars teed made in Canada that is very unusual. I have never seen another like it and would think it should be worth a few bucks.

Re: Zero traps - 07/11/15 01:29 PM

Thanks for the replies thus far. What signs do I look for for early 1900's? The reason I am asking, I have a bunch of # 0's and if any of them have much value I would like to be able to pick them out, so what do I look for?
Posted By: cat catcher

Re: Zero traps - 07/11/15 03:50 PM

Pictures will help us determine what you got!
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Zero traps - 07/11/15 04:10 PM

Look at jaw type, chain type, stamping on the pan - for starters.
Posted By: coonwise

Re: Zero traps - 07/13/15 12:32 AM

Ok Jim are these jumps or long springs??

Re: Zero traps - 07/13/15 08:35 PM

Both, but most are long springs. There is 1 Blake & Lamb jump with the traditional chain. All of the Victor Jumps appear to be a skull pan type. Some of the Blake & Lamb long springs have what I call the traditional chain and some have chain similar to Victor's. Not sure, but I think every Victor has the notched "V".
© 2024 Trapperman Forums