Home

Antique store find continued

Posted By: harleydparts

Antique store find continued - 05/26/15 06:12 PM

All the pictures did not load, here are the rest of them.

Posted By: traphound

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/26/15 07:53 PM

seems very steep to me,they like there traps an awful lot.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/26/15 09:43 PM

If that jump trap with teeth is a #13, the price is very reasonable and you probably should have bought it. If it is a # 14 jump, then the price is on the very upper end.

Everything else is priced like you would expect for an antique store - very high. Divide their price by 2 (maybe even 3) and you would be in the ball park.

Nice pictures though, thanks for sharing.

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/26/15 11:55 PM

Thanks, there were a few more jump traps with teeth I didn't have time to check out. The prices seems real high to me but till just recently I've had no interest in trap collecting so I didn't really know. Any good price guides out there I should invest in before I start buying collector traps?
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/27/15 12:12 AM

Probably the best price guide is The Trap Coolectors Guide by Andreski & Parr. Last time I checked, $46.00 got a copy to your door.

The book also includes their bear trap price guide. Lots of pictures and other useful information.

A very good reference book, but as with any price guide, it should be used as a GUIDE.

Good Luck and have fun with your new addiction. smile
Posted By: Nhousecattrapper

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/27/15 03:34 AM

Condition is poor and prices are high. Definitely quite proud of their traps. Stay away from them.
Posted By: Diggdug

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/27/15 11:40 AM

I think setter is a Herters or newer. I don't think the Newhouse setters close all the way.
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/27/15 07:07 PM

Join North America Trap Collector Assn. The Assn. magazine has a section where members sell and auction traps. The prices paid are listed in the next issue. There are no set prices on collectable traps IMO. Oh yeah...thanks for posting.

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/30/15 12:33 AM

Good Luck and have fun with your new addiction. smile
Did you really have to use the A word? Some things are just better left unsaid. grin
Posted By: trev

Re: Antique store find continued - 05/31/15 09:43 PM

If someone will pay the price then that is what the trap is worth.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums