Home

Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws

Posted By: ddfen2

Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 10/31/14 12:30 PM

Here is a Victor No 3 double long spring with Victor stamped on jaws. Anyone seen a Victor No 4 with Victor stamped on Jaws?
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 10/31/14 12:40 PM

Really a nice trap. The only VICTOR stamped jaw I
actually saw was a #2.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 10/31/14 05:19 PM

I've never seen a # 3 or a # 4 Victor long spring trap with VICTOR on the jaws. Supposedly they are rather rare.

Most of the VICTOR on the jaw traps I've seen have been # 1 1/2 and # 2.
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 10/31/14 11:44 PM

Does anyone know why they stamped the jaws?

Ive heard it was in celebration of winning the war.
Posted By: cnctrapper

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/10/14 03:20 AM

What would this #3 be worth Wissmiss? I think I have one too.

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/10/14 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: cnctrapper
What would this #3 be worth Wissmiss? I think I have one too.

Just checked and mine is a #2.
What is the value range for the #2? The #3 pictured above appears to have welded pan,my #2 is riveted. The word Victor also faces the opposite way. Thanks.

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/10/14 02:51 PM

Any pictures Condition is the key for value . Most victor stamped jaw traps are No 1's, No 1 1/2's, and No 2's.

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/10/14 05:28 PM

No pics. Just curious what the range is from bad to best.

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/10/14 06:26 PM

In my opinion, price range on a # 2 with stamped jaws is going to be $10.00 to $20.00, depending on the usual stuff - complete trap, all original, no damage, no mods, etc, The first price is for a trap with good jaws but other problem(s). Top price would be for a "perfect" trap.

Not sure what to say price wise on a # 3. Probably $12.00 to $25.00, maybe a bit higher for a trap in really nice condition. The # 3 and # 4 with stamped jaws are hard to find. I've never seen either and I have seen LOTS and LOTS of used traps........:)

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/10/14 07:41 PM

Thank you wissmiss!
Posted By: krumui

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/12/14 03:02 AM

I have a Victor #3 with Victor on the jaws in like new condition. I paid a lot for it but was glad to get it. I would say the value of the #3 is in the $200 range. I have never seen a #4.

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/12/14 04:03 AM

Agree Krumui

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/12/14 08:29 PM

Since my post on the value of the stamped jaw Victors, I've PMd with several trap collectors I know quite well. And it appears I was way off base with what I said was a value on a # 3 double long with stamped jaws. $100.00 would be a bare minimum and most likely a fair retail value would be even higher.

Between myself and the 2 collectors I PMd with, the 3 of us have looked at tens of thousands of old traps and none of us have ever seen a # 3 double long with VICTOR on the jaws. So they must be VERY rare. Thus the higher retail value is very much in line.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/14/14 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: wissmiss
Since my post on the value of the stamped jaw Victors, I've PMd with several trap collectors I know quite well. And it appears I was way off base with what I said was a value on a # 3 double long with stamped jaws. $100.00 would be a bare minimum and most likely a fair retail value would be even higher.

Between myself and the 2 collectors I PMd with, the 3 of us have looked at tens of thousands of old traps and none of us have ever seen a # 3 double long with VICTOR on the jaws. So they must be VERY rare. Thus the higher retail value is very much in line.

Coming onto a forum and openly admitting that you made a mistake speaks volume about a person's character. That is VERY refreshing to see this day in age. Thank you!

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/23/14 01:48 PM

Anyone ever seen a No 0 Victor with the Jaws stamped Victor?
Posted By: RdFx

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/29/14 02:43 AM

I sold a nbr 4 with stamped jaws about 15 years ago. First and last one ive seen.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Victor No 3 with Victor on jaws - 11/29/14 07:15 PM

Awfully pretty trap I think. I don't have any idea what its worth but it would look awesome on my wall.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums