Home

Kriket No 1 jump trap info ?

Posted By: K Slim

Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/17/14 10:20 PM

Can anyone tell me where and when this trap was made ? I Never heard of this brand of trap , thanks Kevin .
Posted By: leakywaders

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/17/14 10:50 PM

The Kriket was a budget trap produced by Triumph.Not sure of exact date my guess is around 1930.

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/17/14 10:52 PM

Also made in 1 1/2 size.

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/17/14 11:11 PM

Leakywaders Thank you for the info !
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/17/14 11:40 PM

MAde from 1926 to 1931. And as leaky waders said, made by Triumph Trap Company. Came in just the jump style and 2 sizes.

It is difficult to find ones with nice clean pan stamping. The trap in the picture is slightly above average as far as pan stamping goes, in my opinion.

Nice find!! smile

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/17/14 11:56 PM

Thanks wissmiss , have had that trap for a long time , when I was a kid 9 or 10 a old fellow gave me a bunch of traps , i'am 45 now , was down my dads over the summer digging around in top of his barn and came across them, for got all about them,they were in a box I put them in years ago , I have some more I'll post that I need info on . Thanks again.. Kevin

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/18/14 08:56 PM

A little more on Krickets: One of the No.1 was made with the pan riveted on the pan shank. The other No.1 is made with a folded pan shank. The No 1-1/2 in the pic is a folded pan shank. I am still looking for a 1-1/2 riveted pan. Anyone seen one?

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/18/14 11:17 PM

Nice traps ! What's the best way to clean these old traps up without messing them up ,but yet keeping the old look of the trap ?

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/19/14 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: K Slim
Nice traps ! What's the best way to clean these old traps up without messing them up ,but yet keeping the old look of the trap ?

The best thing to do is NOTHING.. Take an old toothbrush and remove any loose rust and dirt. That's it!! No vinegar bath, no dye, no dip, no painting, nothing.

Thar tight layer of rust is called "patina" and old collectible traps are supposed to have "patina"
Posted By: conibearguy

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/21/14 10:53 PM

What do nice Krikets bring? Both sizes?

Re: Kriket No 1 jump trap info ? - 10/22/14 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: conibearguy
What do nice Krikets bring? Both sizes?

In really nice condition, all original, all complete, no damage, no mods, very clear pan -

$20.00 on the # 1. And $35.00 on the # 1 1/2. That is on the very best.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums