Home

Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed

Posted By: Mira Trapper

Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/16/07 07:29 PM

Feel free to leave a comment on the light sentence that Rod got for teaching ALF types how to make a bomb at the provided link.

http://weblog.signonsandiego.com/news/breaking/2007/12/activist_pleads_guilty.html

December 14, 2007
Activist pleads guilty

Rodney Coronado, a well-known animal rights activist, pleaded guilty in federal court today to a charge that he showed people at a Hillcrest speech how to make a destructive device with the goal of having someone then go out and commit a violent crime.

The rarely used federal law carries a maximum of 20 years in prison. But Coronado, 41, and the government have agreed to ask Judge Jeffrey Miller to impose a sentence of a year plus one day in federal prison.

The charges stem from an Aug. 1, 2003, speech Coronado gave in Hillcrest. In response to a question from the audience, he demonstrated how to start fires with a homemade device. Just hours earlier an apartment complex under construction in University City had been destroyed by arson and an extremist environmental organization had taken credit for it.

Coronado was indicted two years after the blaze. Critics said the government was punishing Coronado for exercising his free speech rights and trying to intimidate activists. The case went to trial in September but jurors could not reach a verdict, though the majority apparently were leaning toward finding Coronado not guilty.
Posted by Greg Moran December 14, 2007 02:53 PM
Posted By: Nightwish

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/16/07 11:17 PM

Good....it should be LIFE in prison!!!! I'll help pay to keep him in...
Posted By: NDtrapper

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/16/07 11:27 PM

Bubba should have fun with the little hugger.
Posted By: Cedar Hacker

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/16/07 11:58 PM

Yep, doesn't surprise me and two border patrol agents were sent up for 12 years for doing their job. Aint it fuzzy !

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 12:18 AM

Good reflection but also sad to see the comparative Cedar Hacker
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 12:52 AM

Personally, I think he should be shot in the head.

By the owner of the Aspen resort he burned down.

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 02:13 AM

Hello Foxtail.

Here is a truer picture of Coronado then we could ever write. It was written by his supporters (most likely himself after being freed from jail the first time) It is priceless in showing just how much of a hypocrite and a manipulator he is.

http://www.nocompromise.org/features/4gosbust.html

Coronado wasn't the guilty party at Vale though.

http://www.factnet.org/cults/earth_liberation_front/vail_fire.html

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,272397,00.html

Posted By: archerobx

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 02:16 AM

As a former fireman, arson should be treated like premeditated murder. Put all those people lives at risk, for what.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 02:36 AM

Did you know that the lawyer hired by the houndsmen in Michigan, who successfully petitioned the judge to stop bobcat trapping in lower Michigan, was also Coronado's lawyer during his trial for burning the research lab in that state? Little bit of trivia.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 02:42 AM

About time that he got behind bars. Unfortunately it may be more like a martyr than justice especially with the lightened sentence.

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 03:14 AM

From the article

Quote:
Rod confirmed to NC that during his time on the run while living with his native people (Rod is a Yaqui Indian) he infrequently ate food with lard, dairy, and, at one time, also ate deer meat.

Yet these people talk like they would starve to death before they would eat meat or other animal products. Kind of transparent, huh?
Posted By: doc9013

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 03:27 AM

I agree with cedar hacker. I voted for Bush but I can't for the life of me figure out why he won't pardon those 2 border agents.

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 03:41 AM

Got another one for you Foxtail.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/228730_benwhite16.html

On the island, locals have organized fund-raising auctions and food brigades to bring him organic meals and "magic elixirs." One even donated a pretty waterfront cottage for him to stay in -- his own rural cabin burned down five years ago.

Friends advise on alternative treatments and anti-oxidant diets. The vegetarian is reluctantly eating meat to combat his disease -- "I have to eat it, but I don't have to like it.' He has tried visualization, immune-building pills, herbal remedies.

Re: Feel Free to leave a comment. Coronado jailed - 12/17/07 06:01 AM

Not the way I would like to see these traitors die.

It does seem to be the way many of them would like to see US die though. (as evidenced by the typical AR response on us)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums