Home

Hagz XL Spring clips

Posted By: 1Simplemann

Hagz XL Spring clips - 03/28/24 02:40 PM

Has anyone here tried them? Will they take the place of an H stand? I have a situation where I need an H stand. However I would like to reduce the weight in the boat if possible and save space. I was thinking I could use the Jeff's Spring clips and the fiberglass rods that I already have in the boat. I would have to drill them out to get over the ends of the rods.
Posted By: poconobear

Re: Hagz XL Spring clips - 03/28/24 11:46 PM

I normally use a KB stabilizer because my streams are rocky. I was able to use an H stand once. I also have the Hagz bracket on a couple 330s and 280s. Used it once. Quick and easy. You should be fine
Posted By: Shakeyjake

Re: Hagz XL Spring clips - 03/29/24 12:36 AM

I’ve got some but need the 1/2” rods. Not sure if I’m going to use a dead stick to help keep it from swinging. I’ll try em next winter under the ice.
You could stack those suckers up too.
Posted By: 1Simplemann

Re: Hagz XL Spring clips - 03/29/24 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
I’ve got some but need the 1/2” rods. Not sure if I’m going to use a dead stick to help keep it from swinging. I’ll try em next winter under the ice.
You could stack those suckers up too.

Bingo! Stacking them up is what I had in mind. I have the rods in the boat already.. With footholds, They work great in the right situation (slightly too short IMO). The clips will not fit over the ends. I'm going to have to drill them out when they get here.
Posted By: Saskfly

Re: Hagz XL Spring clips - 04/05/24 05:39 PM

Find the 330 to heavy with just one, never tried them with springs on both sides and two rods. Seems like it would be a challenge getting them even.

Like them as another point to tie the trap off too about all I use them for.
Posted By: TrapprChris

Re: Hagz XL Spring clips - 04/05/24 09:48 PM

not a fan, a 2nd stake is needed so trap doesn't spin. H stands for me
© 2024 Trapperman Forums