Home

2nd coyote ever!

Posted By: Pofarmer10

2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 12:13 AM

Finally got my 2nd coyote ever and first one this year. Been trapping since November 15 and this is the first. No pics but it was a female pup with a light case of mange. I didn't skin it because of its size and mange but still an accomplishment. No, it wasn't at the set that I previously posted on here. Fat set with unknown lure and a little urine.
Posted By: maurob

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 12:23 AM

Outstanding, congrats
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 12:42 AM

Good job! Keep up the good work!
Posted By: Tom Riley

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 01:12 AM

Sure is fun when you catch one ain't it.

You will only get better at it as time goes on.
Posted By: Pofarmer10

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 02:40 AM

Thanks guys! Tom, yes it is. I was really excited when I pulled as was my dog.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 02:46 AM

Congrats

Persistence pays wink

I'm still learning but the more I learn the more confidence I have and that is an important part of the equation
Posted By: ChadDaniel

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 02:47 AM

Great job.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 02:52 AM

Congrats. Build up your confidence on those yotes. Learn to trap them consistently and you can catch any any land critter you have around. The coyotes will teach you good habits. Lol
Posted By: Boco

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 03:08 AM

Good Job.its a bit disappointing when you get an animal that isnt worth skinning,but dont worry about that you will get plenty of good ones as you keep trapping(and a few crappy ones too)
Managing them is important regardless
Posted By: DirtyD

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 05:41 AM

Keep it up.. some years are a struggle and others you don't have time to clean them all.. keep in mind that there is a cycle to the population about every 7-10 years.. I know in my area coyote are down and ground bird and small game is up... here in a few years it will flip..trapping them constantly on the down years will only make it easier when the population goes up... keep it up and the numbers will come. Keep a log and it will also help to make it easier to constantly trap them.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/21/24 08:59 AM

Congratulations, way to stick it out. I bet it got your adrenaline flowing to see that yodel dog in your trap after being so persistent
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/22/24 03:26 AM

Your first coyote may well have been just blind luck.
With your second catch, you are now a sage hand. The coyotes will soon be waiting in line to have the chance to get caught by you.
Welcome to the club Trapper!
Posted By: MChewk

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/22/24 12:05 PM

Nice work Pofarmer10! You know how things work now...keep at it and experiment every season to learn other possibilities.
Posted By: coyote addict

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/22/24 01:53 PM

Great job! Small, Medium, or Large a coyote is a coyote. Too bad about the mange, around here mange runs about 30 percent of my catch.
Posted By: coyote 1

Re: 2nd coyote ever! - 02/23/24 12:09 AM

Way to stick with it. They will teach you a thing or 2 each season. Mange is unfortunately part of coyote trapping.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums