Home

Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips

Posted By: kytrapper

Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/06/24 10:34 AM

Been using them a couple weeks and I’m impressed. If you’ve been thinking of trying them I give them a thumbs up.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/06/24 12:04 PM

Was looking at them myself after a post on here.
What size have you tried? I was thinking of a few 330's
Are they magnum style with full closure?

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/06/24 11:55 PM

They’re the 330’s. What I’ve caught, otter and beaver, they’ve been very lethal. Jaws guaranteed not to bend. I like em. They close very tightly.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 12:51 AM

Jaws don't bend, close very tightly?
Not for this old clumsy trapper.
I have a hard enough time just getting out of bed, let alone a 330 of that description. smile
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 08:22 AM

laugh

Kytrapper you got any pictures?
Posted By: Hern

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 11:26 AM

https://www.pcsoutdoors.com/ouellofcanadatraps.aspx

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 12:04 PM

I ordered from PCS. They’re the only US distributor. Shipping was fast and flat rate.
Posted By: trappingfanatic

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 04:23 PM

Overall I like the one trap that I purchased to try. The only thing I’m not sold on is the trigger. Just playing with it in the shop the trigger wires were somewhat sharp along the edges. Almost like a bur the entire length of it. Other than that the trap seems pretty solid. Almost identical to the BMI 330’s I have.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by trappingfanatic
Overall I like the one trap that I purchased to try. The only thing I’m not sold on is the trigger. Just playing with it in the shop the trigger wires were somewhat sharp along the edges. Almost like a bur the entire length of it. Other than that the trap seems pretty solid. Almost identical to the BMI 330’s I have.

I was wondering on that. From the pics they look to be one piece stampings from sheet steel then bent over the jaw. The copy states that they are malleable and can be bent into whatever shape you may want.

If that's so they are untempered to be that soft. Which raises a durability question.

Can you tell us more?

But I'm migrating everything I have to terminator triggers as they come up for replacement so it's not a deal breaker for me.
Posted By: KYBOY

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/07/24 08:58 PM

I would like to try a few myself. they are only a few dollars more than a duke or bridger..

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/08/24 11:50 AM

I like the malleable trigger wires. I often need to change trigger configuration and they bend easily.

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/08/24 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by kytrapper
I like the malleable trigger wires. I often need to change trigger configuration and they bend easily.

Not sure I would care for that. I bend mine into a wide U and leave them that way.

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/08/24 11:09 PM

I like a low T for pullouts and mounds but a wide V or U if I’m thinking otter and covering a channel.
Posted By: Mudcat

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/09/24 04:01 PM

I have never used a 280 conibear. Has anyone here used the 280 size? I wonder how it would work for our Southern Beaver.

Mudcat
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/09/24 05:28 PM

Muscat have used them in a few spots...worked well. For the money a Duke 330 which is 10x9 might be best....just my thoughts.

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/09/24 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mudcat
I have never used a 280 conibear. Has anyone here used the 280 size? I wonder how it would work for our Southern Beaver.

Mudcat

Why do you ask? I have one that I got in trade. I've put it out when short on 330s. Never made a catch with it. Maybe luck of the draw or just an odds thing as it only gets used when out of everything else.

JMO, but bigger is better.

Posted By: Mudcat

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/10/24 06:27 PM

I wondered what the 280 trap targeted. Is it for bigger northern coons?

Mudcat

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/10/24 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mudcat
I wondered what the 280 trap targeted. Is it for bigger northern coons?

Mudcat

Otter
Posted By: Scott__aR

Re: Thumbs up on the Rudy bodygrips - 02/11/24 07:40 AM

^^^^^ this^^^^^
© 2024 Trapperman Forums