Home

Cheap quick links

Posted By: TheYouthTrapper

Cheap quick links - 01/28/24 08:26 AM

Does anyone have a source for cheap spring quick links? I need another 100 for float trapping but for 60$, I was wondering if anyone has a better priced place. I use them for connecting the trap to the float itself so it doesn't need to be anything super heavy duty as it will be only used for 'rats. I want to keep it quick links or something similar so I can take my traps off my float at the end of the season otherwise I would staple them directly to it. Thanks in advance!

-TheYouthTrapper
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: Cheap quick links - 01/28/24 11:34 AM

Not sure if you would like them, but you could get some of the split rings for about half the price.I use the large ones for coyotes.They only take a few seconds to detach.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Cheap quick links - 01/28/24 11:37 AM

Personally, I stopped using the SPRING type quick links went back to the screw types...Paul Dobbins sells the type I use 3/16s size I believe.
I had issues with rusted weakened springs and gave up on them.
Posted By: wws

Re: Cheap quick links - 01/28/24 12:48 PM

Try using Toggles from Wildlife Control Supply, basically a hot link you can see those on YouTube. As to how they work. Be fast to take trap on and off about $20 a 100

Western Wildlife Services
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Cheap quick links - 01/28/24 12:48 PM

I just use a circle of wire.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Cheap quick links - 01/29/24 04:08 AM

FnT has them for less than 35 cents if you buy a hundred.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Cheap quick links - 01/29/24 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by newfox1
I just use a circle of wire.

Yep, if you're worried about that, double wrap and tie. Plenty good for a rat.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Cheap quick links - 02/01/24 04:17 PM

Boss Paul sells them as cheap as anybody else, and cheaper than most others. Click on "The Store" on the bottom of the talk page. $37/100
© 2024 Trapperman Forums