Home

Packing traps and equipment

Posted By: TrapperMan556

Packing traps and equipment - 01/02/24 12:57 AM

I’m a younger trapper and I don’t have any extra money to buy pack baskets or anything. I need something I can carry traps, bait and my lure in while keeping them scent free. I would like to carry 4-6 traps at a time. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Tony1967

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/02/24 01:12 AM

Easiest would be a couple 5 gallon buckets. You can buy an organizer to put on one for your lures, etc and the other you could have some dry dirt in and a few traps. Easy to carry and keeps your bait and lure smells away from your traps.
Posted By: bleeohio

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/02/24 01:54 AM

If you have a goodwill around, look for a backpack. Usually enough room inside and some pockets outside for the small stuff.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/02/24 01:54 AM

Yep, buckets work okay and can be found pretty easily. You can pop rivet an old tool/nail apron around it to hold lures and tools. Like Tony said, traps and bedding in one, smelly stuff in the other, that helps balance also. Old backpacks can work too.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/02/24 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
If you have a goodwill around, look for a backpack. Usually enough room inside and some pockets outside for the small stuff.

I use a backpack, I usually carry my traps and hammer, but there's ample room in it for everything else.
Posted By: d hall

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/02/24 04:32 AM

PM me. I’ve got a fiber tough trap basket I’ll give you. I’m in Roane county.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/03/24 09:37 PM

The 5-6 gallon buckets is a good suggestion and I use them a lot. Traps, stakes, trowel etc. in one bucket and lures, urine in another. I use lawn clippings quite a bit and carry some in smaller plastic bags separate from the other gear. I have not found pack baskets to be efficient for me.

Bryce
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/05/24 02:47 AM

Pretty simple and cheap set up
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MuddyMike

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/05/24 04:44 PM

hey 20 scout did you rivet those buckets together? or are they just sitting really close to each other.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/05/24 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by MuddyMike
hey 20 scout did you rivet those buckets together? or are they just sitting really close to each other.

They are bolted together with 1/4" bolts and fender washers. I also drill a few small holes in the bottoms for drainage. I know I don't have any more than $5 into this and have used it for over 6 years now.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: Packing traps and equipment - 01/08/24 09:50 AM

I’ve used every setup known to man.

I think the best is an old ALICE pack with a kitchen garbage can in it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums