Home

Coyote kick back sets.

Posted By: Fourcoil

Coyote kick back sets. - 12/28/23 11:37 PM

Anyone ever set at kick backs? Have tried couple ways w/no
Real action. What b ur way?
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/28/23 11:48 PM

Flat set with the turd they left behind and new kick scratches...they'll be back.
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/29/23 12:13 AM

x2 with a shot of good urine on said turd
Posted By: sportsman94

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/29/23 02:39 AM

Only one I recall being successful with was then marking a young pine and doing a kick back. I put the trap next to that young pine with no added scent and had a hind foot female a few days later
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/29/23 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fourcoil
Anyone ever set at kick backs? Have tried couple ways w/no
Real action. What b ur way?

Are you talking where a yote takes a dump and does a burnout?
Posted By: rick olson

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/29/23 04:25 AM

Excellent set,you can make your own kick back too.

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/29/23 11:40 PM

Yep
Posted By: Slipknot

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/30/23 02:09 AM

I have caught a couple by putting in a dirt hole as close to the kick back as possible.
Posted By: dirt trapper

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/30/23 02:41 PM

I caught a real nice male coyote this year in a kick back spot. I used that Ed Schneinder Duff set with an add coyote dropping .
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/30/23 10:23 PM

Most times when canines are doing kickbacks they are marking something within a few feet. Find what they are marking and set on it. At times they will pee on a lot of stuff and may or may not mark it the next time by, but if they are kicking and scratching, chances are they will mark it again the next time they visit the area.

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/31/23 01:50 AM

Most kick backs i have seen were associated with breedin season. Have 2 travel crossins where we see um. Goin to try flat set w/turd. Thanks for suggestions.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/31/23 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fourcoil
Most kick backs i have seen were associated with breedin season. Have 2 travel crossins where we see um. Goin to try flat set w/turd. Thanks for suggestions.

More kick scratches down here in winter, but liable to see that behavior anytime of year.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 12/31/23 09:34 PM

They love to do it around scrapes for some reason. Every camera I’ve ever had on a scrape had coyotes visit, mark, and do that spin out. And the issue with setting there is obvious…have enough issues with deer as it is.
Posted By: Archeryguy

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 01/01/24 12:43 PM

Example of a coyote kick back. This is from a series of videos where two coyotes feed on a deer liver I put out. The 1st coyote buries a left over chunk of liver, then the other coyote urinates on it and then proceeds to do a kick back.

Re: Coyote kick back sets. - 01/02/24 01:43 PM

Interesting vid. Looks to b female.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums