Home

Jambalaya

Posted By: la4wd54

Jambalaya - 12/28/23 11:17 PM

My son and a couple of his buddies are coming in to get some does for the freezer. Building a dove and pork jambalaya for this eves meal.

Made the stock yesterday by cooking down the pork bones and dove breast bones, with some celery, onion and seasoning.
[Linked Image]

Got the trinity rdy to sweat out after I brown the meat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rice and green onions will be added after cooking down for an hour or so. Completed dish pic coming then.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: Jambalaya - 12/28/23 11:44 PM

That looks pretty good. More of a etouffe fan but I'd eat it. Any time you want to bring some to a Rondezvous I'd be willing to be a taste tester for you. grin

Re: Jambalaya - 12/29/23 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by ETexTrapper
That looks pretty good. More of a etouffe fan but I'd eat it. Any time you want to bring some to a Rondezvous I'd be willing to be a taste tester for you. grin

Ha! Bet you would lol
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Jambalaya - 12/29/23 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by la4wd54
My son and a couple of his buddies are coming in to get some does for the freezer. Building a dove and pork jambalaya for this eves meal.

Made the stock yesterday by cooking down the pork bones and dove breast bones, with some celery, onion and seasoning.
[Linked Image]

Got the trinity rdy to sweat out after I brown the meat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rice and green onions will be added after cooking down for an hour or so. Completed dish pic coming then.

[Linked Image]

What kinda rice is that? Man, I love rice!

Re: Jambalaya - 12/29/23 11:04 AM

Parboiled Yukon
© 2024 Trapperman Forums