Home

Wax dirt

Posted By: Guss

Wax dirt - 11/21/23 06:36 PM

I never made it before so what's the fastest way. Right now I'm using a single burner and it's slow!.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Wax dirt - 11/21/23 08:01 PM

I’m making a batch now . Cement mixer and a salamander is the only way to go. It’s still not fast unless you start with dry dirt.
Posted By: Guss

Re: Wax dirt - 11/21/23 10:42 PM

OK thanks
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Wax dirt - 11/22/23 04:23 AM

Concrete mixer with a weed burner is going to be the fastest way. Everything else takes a lot of time
Posted By: bob maier

Re: Wax dirt - 11/22/23 06:48 PM

I use a cement mixer also but I use play sand from Home Depot.
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Wax dirt - 11/23/23 01:00 AM

I just made a batch using about 25% play sand and the black fine sandy dirt that I’ve alway used , I really like the final product. It looks like it will blend well in most places.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Wax dirt - 11/23/23 02:49 PM

I used river sand this year. I love the waxed sand to bed in, and it holds up even better than waxed dirt to moisture and freeze if you are leaving your traps in the ground for a couple months. Both need blended, even if the waxed dirt blends in well if you make the set when dry, once it pours the rain and the surrounding dirt gets soaked, the waxed dirt stays dry and stands out like a sore thumb. Only downfall of the waxed sand is it is heavy. Way heavier than waxed dirt.

But back to your question, cement mixer and a weed burner are the way to go for speed.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums