Home

What lure or bait you like?

Posted By: Guss

What lure or bait you like? - 11/17/23 05:40 PM

So far I had good luck with bushwacker and coyote pee sprayed in the bushes around the dirt hole.
Posted By: kenny k

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 12:00 AM

I like Kaatz brothers black label works on a lot of critters.
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 12:55 AM

I like to try something different every season and have found no favorite. One lure and bait works one year and might not the next. When I started trapping many years ago I would use bait that I could find living on the farm and maybe buy a bottle of Hawbakers lure. It seemed to work and have thought maybe going back to keeping it simple.
Posted By: BadDog

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 01:18 AM

Andy Weiser horsemeat for coyotes
Posted By: curtisd

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 01:29 AM

my top 2 baits has to be

Hiawatha valley and top dog.

i like to try something new every year, but i always have these with me. if i had to pick one more it would be apple road.
Posted By: canebrake

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 01:40 AM

Carman's Triple Threat and Caven's Canine Force are two good ones for dirt holes.
Posted By: Guss

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 01:49 AM

Well I also tried widowmaker with no success yet. I'm thing of trying horse meat.
Posted By: Pofarmer10

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 02:01 AM

Don't want to ruin your thread but does bobcat urine work for coyotes? Only stuff I got for urine.
Posted By: rick olson

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 02:20 AM

Lure : Tainted Love,Old Time Formula Coyote Weiser,Punisher Keg Creek,C-50,Crow Creek Corr's,GH II,Bounty Hunter Fox Hollow. Bait: Dakota Prairie ,Spur em Up,Kick arse horse base.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 02:29 AM

Coyote pee and beaver.
Posted By: beezmador

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 03:12 AM

Just a hobby guy here but Powder River, Widowmaker, Hiawatha for baits work good for me, and pros choice, moonshot, and plenty coyotes have been good lures. I really like Jc Conner’s lures a lot too, early season and big 3 have proven themselves time and again.
Posted By: ChiefT

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 07:38 AM

You guys do know Weiser is out of business you can’t get his stuff anymore. Wayne Dericks scalp HunterI or any of his stuff is tops.
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 11:17 AM

Apple Road bait and iures.
Posted By: BadDog

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 11:50 AM

Google campbellfinefur.com to order Andy Weiser products
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pofarmer10
Don't want to ruin your thread but does bobcat urine work for coyotes? Only stuff I got for urine.

Yes, bobcat urine will work just fine for coyotes.
Posted By: wws

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/18/23 04:23 PM

Kaatz bros. Red label here, like the sweet smell not rotten
Posted By: Sharkhunter

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/19/23 03:57 AM

Hiawatha and Powder River have really done well for me. Only lures I really like in the fall are skunky call lures. I don’t use them on every set just as a change up on a few sets. I alternate between coyote and Red fox urine. On most sets now I just use s bait and a good urine.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/19/23 04:34 AM

Cheeny signature Scents - Acoma, call, Pahroc are all amazing
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/20/23 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sharkhunter
Hiawatha and Powder River have really done well for me. Only lures I really like in the fall are skunky call lures. I don’t use them on every set just as a change up on a few sets. I alternate between coyote and Red fox urine. On most sets now I just use s bait and a good urine.

These two baits are my go to baits.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/20/23 12:33 PM

Keg creeks showtime, grahams cat creek, or MN Hiawatha Valley all work well for me. Bruce rhoades had a good bait too.
Some fox or cat pee at post sets.
For lure I use mink gland or beaver caster. Both work well on coyotes here for me. I don’t use much lure these days most a smear on a post set.
Posted By: steeltraps

Re: What lure or bait you like? - 11/20/23 03:30 PM

I am not a = bait fan I use bait to = round up pups and when it gets real cold Just buy 2 gallons of muskrat and add something skunky is what I do. Make a James Lucero style dirt hole and put bout a large wooden spoon full down hole. Lures. I use = Coyotero~Night Train~Winter Wolf and JL # 1 if not in cattle. Still catching coyotes in West Texas. Starting to see new coyotes trying to slip in 14 so far this month.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums