Home

Toilets

Posted By: wws

Toilets - 10/30/23 12:10 AM

[img]https://trapperman.com/forum/attachments/usergals/2023/10/full-57883-193772-img_0648.jpeg[/img

Found a bunch of these toiles while mushroom picking last summer. I knew what they were then. Just wondering what you all think?
I guess I should add, this is Western Oregon, a logging road in one of the fire areas from a couple years ago. Sorry the picture is not better, taken with a iPhone.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Toilets - 10/30/23 12:49 AM

Yes, you found a toilet. Now if you find it again set a few traps and post pics of your catches.

Re: Toilets - 10/30/23 12:57 AM

Do you have any idea as to what kind of toilet? there is a bunch of them in a half mile stretch of road. Its not something I have read about on here. Just thought some people might like to see.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Toilets - 10/30/23 02:59 AM

I would guess bobcat

Re: Toilets - 10/30/23 03:23 AM

Bob cat is not the right animal, we are all used to seeing cat toilets, but they are not the only animal that leave toilets.

Re: Toilets - 10/30/23 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by wws
Bob cat is not the right animal, we are all used to seeing cat toilets, but they are not the only animal that leave toilets.

Ok
Not porcupine
Not coon
Not possum
Not muskrat
Not nutria
Not otter

No size comparison, how about marmot.

Re: Toilets - 10/30/23 05:30 AM

No , not that. I’ll grab another picture with size reference Tuesday. That will be my next day up that way.
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 06:45 AM

civet?
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 12:15 PM

Feral homeless from Portland???

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 12:45 PM

Not civit but they are in the area, homeless would be piles of shopping carts, and a lot of trash with hypodermic needles mixed in.
Posted By: WIKA

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 04:26 PM

How far from water is it?
Posted By: fossil2

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 07:31 PM

i know nothing about them, but since we're running out of options here, boomers?

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 09:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Here is another with size reference.

[Linked Image]

And this is the area, there is a river in the bottom.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 10:11 PM

Not sure if there are brooks or larger water nearby. Otter maybe the animal in question. I can't see good detail on some photos.

Last photo appears to be bobcat.

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 10:44 PM

There is a river in the bottom , fairly large. Bobcat is not it.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Toilets - 10/31/23 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by wws
There is a river in the bottom , fairly large. Bobcat is not it.

Why is it not a bobcat?

Some of those piles look like coon!

Re: Toilets - 11/01/23 01:06 AM

Some do look a little like coon but they are not! And not bobcat ! I could see picking up a cat in this area, hoping I don’t as they are not open yet and I don’t like messing with either of them. Long or short tailed
Posted By: Muskratwalt

Re: Toilets - 11/01/23 02:53 PM

Grey fox ?

Re: Toilets - 11/01/23 09:13 PM

That last one is a predator dropping. Not sure how many Wolverine you folks have in that part of the state. That is a possibility. I don't know a lot about their behavior except what I have read.

Re: Toilets - 11/01/23 09:23 PM

Bingo If you blow up the pictures you can see the seeds of the dew berry’s they were eating in September most likely. When I first found this place most of the turds where more of the classic J shape we normally see. So far I have been a little disappointed on the catch. I have caught a few but expected a few more. Will be pulling stakes soon have a customer down river wanting a couple caught.

[Linked Image]

Re: Toilets - 11/02/23 06:28 PM

Good job bob.
Never encountered wolverines in Oregon or WA.
Were about?

Re: Toilets - 11/02/23 07:04 PM

I have been told that there have been several sightings of wolverine in a few counties and recently near the Columbia River not far from Portland.

Linn, Harney and Deschutes counties all have had reported sightings. I am not sure if these are residents or natural migration of the species.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Toilets - 11/02/23 07:24 PM

I read some where they are considering placing wolverines on the endangered list.

Re: Toilets - 11/02/23 10:32 PM

I think one might pass thru, but I have never seen one here. Linn county goes to the top of the cascades.

Re: Toilets - 11/03/23 12:38 PM

Learned sometime on tman that wasn't political, Thanks Bobby J and WWS.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums