Home

Prebaiting help

Posted By: Artrapper16

Prebaiting help - 03/09/23 03:29 PM

I bought a bunch of bread from the bread factory in my town. I’m wanting to feed it to the coons Prebaiting them and catch them all (I have a depredation permit.) I’d like your help with how to feed 50loafs of bread to coons. Thanks.
Posted By: Keystonekiller

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/09/23 03:33 PM

Find a good spot and dump it
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/09/23 04:12 PM

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3917416/1

Above is a good, old thread just about that. Scan the pages of that thread. On pg. 2 he shows how he makes baiting buckets to set out at different locations.

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/09/23 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by silkyplainscoyot
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3917416/1

Above is a good, old thread just about that. Scan the pages of that thread. On pg. 2 he shows how he makes baiting buckets to set out at different locations.

I have dogs around so I’d like to suspend it or in some other way keep them from trying to get at it. Would those buckets work with bread? I suppose they would just tear the peices up as they drag it out idk.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/09/23 06:20 PM

I’d think bread would eventually rot if it gets wet. Don’t quote me on that though.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/10/23 05:38 AM

Do you have bears there? If you do, you'll have them cleaning out your coon bait, bread is a fantastic bear bait, not a lot of smell to draw them a long ways, but if they once find it, they'll keep coming back for it better than for about anything else.

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/10/23 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by bearcat2
Do you have bears there? If you do, you'll have them cleaning out your coon bait, bread is a fantastic bear bait, not a lot of smell to draw them a long ways, but if they once find it, they'll keep coming back for it better than for about anything else.

I’ve heard of a few bears around but never had one on cam not many around at all if I draw in a bear I’m fine with that. I just want to feed the coons and try to keep dogs out of it.
Posted By: WIKA

Re: Prebaiting help - 03/11/23 02:10 AM

If you want to keep dogs out use something sweet with the bread
© 2024 Trapperman Forums