Home

Coyote carcass value

Posted By: CaseXX

Coyote carcass value - 04/28/22 11:22 PM

Gentleman, I can and do trap coyotes year round. I'm curious about any value in the carcasses, glands, urin, any other product from the carcass that may exist. Anybody have anything to say about this? Any info or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Casexx
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Coyote carcass value - 04/28/22 11:35 PM

Saving the glands, check what the luremakers you are thinking of selling to desire. Different luremakers want different glands. Pretty much all of them want anal glands, bladder, hock glands. Most want the vulva and sex organs out of females, but not all, some want testicles or the foot pads, or various other parts, but many do not. If you take all the glands out and toss them in the freezer together and then want to sell them to someone who does not want all of them it can be a real pain to unthaw and seperate the unwanted glands.
There is often a market for skulls, and you may be able to find a market for feet or claws, I've never found one that didn't dry up in a year or two, but I've never tried that hard.
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Coyote carcass value - 04/29/22 02:56 AM

I have a unique market for the legs, skulls, baculum and fetuses but it is very limited. Not big money but it does help cover gas.
Posted By: Hern

Re: Coyote carcass value - 04/29/22 10:27 AM

A carcass adds value to set location as a curiosity or draw station.
I trap private ground and ask landowner if I can place out carcasse(s), just saying.

Skulls, baculum, teeth and other parts is a niche' market that a trapper has to create or fine the market.

Glands and wild caught urine always have value.

He's a video on how to remove glands...
Posted By: wayne52

Re: Coyote carcass value - 04/30/22 10:44 PM

I use them in late spring and early summer in buried bait sets. Put guts down a hole or two and chop the rest into big chunks. Dig hole ether straight down . put big chunk down hole cover with 8 to 12 inches of dirt. Trap needs to be 4 to 6 inches down in the hole. Make big hole and cover bait and set trap in front
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: Coyote carcass value - 04/30/22 11:38 PM

Wayne didn’t you tell me once that you also will bury a foot with the pad just visible ?
Posted By: wayne52

Re: Coyote carcass value - 05/01/22 02:54 AM

Yes. It can be the whole leg with just the foot above the ground or from the hock down.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Coyote carcass value - 05/19/22 12:42 PM

One dollar plus, gland wise.

The skull (cleaned ) is worth about $10 plus on e-bay
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Coyote carcass value - 07/04/22 10:43 PM

Some are getting on to $20. on those cleaned skulls
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: Coyote carcass value - 07/04/22 10:49 PM

[Linked Image]

If you wanna get a little artistic
© 2024 Trapperman Forums