Home

A little success

Posted By: WV_Mtn'r

A little success - 02/02/22 08:14 PM

This year I am able to trap a small farm next to my subdivision. It's been fun and convenient as I can check traps at lunch each day with my side by side and don't have to load up the truck and travel somewhere. And it has been productive. I've picked up one raccoon, couple red fox and a couple coyotes. Trail cam pics show there is another red fox and a couple coyotes still frequenting the property.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The foxes had normal fur and cleaned up well with only a handful of fleas. The coyotes on the other hand were awful. The first one's under fur was falling out by the handfuls when I removed from trap and the skin was very flaky, like dandruff. The second one looked better from a distance but when I got to the shed I found thousands of bugs all over it. I am not sure what they are and assuming a type of lice or mite. Anyone seen these before? Some local trappers I know said they hadn't seen them.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: k snow

Re: A little success - 02/02/22 08:17 PM

Nice fox, too bad about the coyotes. Looks like you did them a favor.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: A little success - 02/02/22 10:31 PM

We see em here occasionally on the good side of the river. Usually can smell em before looking for them.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: A little success - 02/03/22 12:23 AM

Itching now, still a good catch.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: A little success - 02/03/22 03:59 AM

Nice catches.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: A little success - 02/03/22 07:38 AM

That’s dog lice.
Posted By: hollowtrapper

Re: A little success - 02/03/22 02:28 PM

congrats on the catches good job
Posted By: bhugo

Re: A little success - 02/08/22 01:28 AM

Gnarly! Love the catches
Posted By: Longbeard12

Re: A little success - 02/08/22 02:46 AM

I dont think I caught one thing this year that did not have fleas. Some just a lot worse than others.
Posted By: BTLowry

Re: A little success - 02/08/22 04:13 AM

Lice in the pics above

Nice little place to trap it looks like
© 2024 Trapperman Forums