Home

Earth Augers

Posted By: Butch2828

Earth Augers - 01/18/22 03:48 PM

Anyone ever make a auger for bedding traps?
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Earth Augers - 01/18/22 04:06 PM

Yes, I know Papio Creek trapping supply out of Nebraska has. There may be a couple others that do too.
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Earth Augers - 01/18/22 05:41 PM

I thought about splitting washers and offsetting them and Welding them to a shaft, I just never have. I know you can buy them, but where's the fun in that!
Posted By: The hammer

Re: Earth Augers - 01/18/22 06:02 PM

If your not in super rocky ground the 6in cheap hand ice auger’s work well even if the dirt is frozen it shaves it away like well ice lol.

Re: Earth Augers - 01/18/22 06:41 PM

Never thought about my ice auger. Might have to try that

Re: Earth Augers - 01/18/22 06:42 PM

I tried looking online but couldn’t find anything
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Earth Augers - 01/18/22 07:30 PM

I found some 6" augers used to anchor down trailer houses. All you would have to do is cut off the shank. You could also weld on an edge if you like to make it last longer.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Earth Augers - 01/20/22 07:07 PM

20 - those are earth anchors made to screw into the ground.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Earth Augers - 01/20/22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Yukon John
I thought about splitting washers and offsetting them and Welding them to a shaft, I just never have. I know you can buy them, but where's the fun in that!

I've done that. They work ok. I only use 1/2" washers so they made a hole about 1 1/2" wide. Don't let them dig too deep until you pull back on them or they just screw into the ground and you have to back them out.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Earth Augers - 01/21/22 12:45 AM

Look up Tom Stalker online… he makes them
Posted By: Yukon John

Re: Earth Augers - 01/21/22 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by Yukon John

I've done that. They work ok. I only use 1/2" washers so they made a hole about 1 1/2" wide. Don't let them dig too deep until you pull back on them or they just screw into the ground and you have to back them out.

Good advice!
Posted By: powderfinger

Re: Earth Augers - 01/22/22 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by The hammer
If your not in super rocky ground the 6in cheap hand ice auger’s work well even if the dirt is frozen it shaves it away like well ice lol.

X2
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Earth Augers - 01/22/22 07:40 PM

Tom Stalker makes great 2” and 3” augers. I use them to auger 4-5 holes for the trap bed which I then connect with a digging hammer, spade, maul, or Pulaski.

Tom does not make a 6” auger. Recently I specifically asked him to make a 6” auger for me. He said getting the proper flighting is a problem.

All of Tom’s tools are top grade!
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Earth Augers - 01/26/22 04:05 AM

* 8 inch Mora Ice auger
Posted By: Tinknocker1`

Re: Earth Augers - 01/28/22 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by LT GREY
* 8 inch Mora Ice auger

I have a 8" Lazer that's collecting dust ')
© 2024 Trapperman Forums