Home

oblong traps?

Posted By: bigfoottrapper

oblong traps? - 02/05/21 04:29 PM

my G&F says traps can be no larger than 6 inches inside measured at the dog, but it doesn't mention across with. I am always lawful, but I want to take full advantage. are there traps that are wider across than top to bottom?

thanks!
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 04:33 PM

Mb 550 is probably is the best example. It's across the dog jawspread is much smaller than if you measure across the baseplate. I think the Duke 4 is similar in that regard.
Posted By: TNcat

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Mb 550 is probably is the best example. It's across the dog jawspread is much smaller than if you measure across the baseplate. I think the Duke 4 is similar in that regard.

If I’m understanding the question. Duke #3 is wider from post to post ( width ) than jaw spread . Duke #4 has the same base . Duke, Victor and Bridger #3 traps have the same measurement post to post. #4 sleepy creek the same .
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 04:47 PM

You could inside laminate an alaskan #9 to under 6" and be legal, as long as its offset
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 05:29 PM

I've laminated inside jaws to be legal on a few dls. Nothing illegal about it.

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
You could inside laminate an alaskan #9 to under 6" and be legal, as long as its offset

so I could use a bigger trap and as long as the inside laminates were under 6 inches it would be legal?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Turtledale
I've laminated inside jaws to be legal on a few dls. Nothing illegal about it.

Until 2013, in Ohio inside laminations did not count when measuring the jaw spread of the trap. Had to go by the factory jaw so check your laws first.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: oblong traps? - 02/05/21 06:44 PM

Ours says "inside at the dog"

Re: oblong traps? - 02/06/21 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by the Blak Spot
Ours says "inside at the dog"

great, thanks
Posted By: JComer

Re: oblong traps? - 02/06/21 01:14 AM

I have some #3 jump traps inside laminated and offset right at 6 inch at dog
© 2024 Trapperman Forums