Home

Catch pole

Posted By: Wanna Be

Catch pole - 02/01/21 06:41 PM

Alright, my catch pole bit the dust yesterday. Needing one ASAP...anyone have a Ketch-all pole? Thoughts or recommendations?
Posted By: MNEric

Re: Catch pole - 02/01/21 08:06 PM

Do u want for dispatching as well? If so go with the death ray. Works great for both
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Catch pole - 02/01/21 08:27 PM

Death ray, sure like mine.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Catch pole - 02/01/21 09:46 PM

Yeah, I may do that later but need one NOW. Have a few incidental catches where I trap and a big one destroyed mine yesterday. On top of that I caught the landowners K9 today! His wife was walking the dogs and he got out of sight and she heard him yelp when he found my set. I was already on the property and he wasn’t in there but a few minutes before being released. She held him while I took the trap off his foot. No injuries at all and after I got done I stopped by the kennels and had to check both dogs to figure out which one I had caught, lol.
Went ahead and ordered the Ketch-all and will see how it works out. I was hoping to get a response fairly quick and didn’t have time to wait.
Posted By: robert.d12

Re: Catch pole - 02/01/21 09:48 PM

I’d make a cheap one out of pvc and get a death ray during the off season
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Catch pole - 02/01/21 10:16 PM

Love my catch-all for releases. I have a death ray as well. I really like it for dispatch but haven’t used it for release. Very effective for dispatch.
My catch-all is over ten years old and running well.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 01:06 AM

I love the death ray, but I have a longer catch pole. I think both are warranted if you catch bobcats or bigger canine including big pet dogs by accident.
Posted By: bearcat2

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 01:42 AM

I've been thinking about getting the 5 foot ketch-all. One of these days I'm going to have a lion in one of my wolf traps and I'm not really looking forward to releasing one, but figure if I have to I'll want the 5 foot pole. Will be interested to see what you think of the ketch-all
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 02:09 AM

i Have the 5 ft ketch all with no complaints it has handled many yotes, coons, fox, possums, a few bobcats, even an otter. keeps em at a distance. loop em, stand on pole while removing trap, and either release or cage em for live market depending on your situation and regs.
Posted By: Scooby

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 06:55 AM

Southern Snares and Supply make a nice one called the Big Stick. I’m on my second year using it and like it a lot.

https://www.southernsnares.com/products/southern-snares-heavy-duty-catch-pole
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 11:24 AM

catch-all are the cats meow

I have not tried Brians at So Snares but would surely give them the biz to help pay for his recent heart attack hospital bill.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 01:03 PM

There was one on the Trap Shed a few days ago. Don't know if it's still there or not. Do a search.
Posted By: possumcatcher

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 01:11 PM

I use a death ray. Works on anything from coons to coyotes. I have released a few bobcats in it without any problems too, just make sure you get the head and a leg through the loup when you go to release.
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Catch pole - 02/02/21 05:54 PM

I had a death ray and it worked great for dispatch, but was not ideal for releasing critters. If you only have to turn one or two loose a season probably not an issue, but I really prefer the Ketch All for release work.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums