Home

Figured what the heck

Posted By: Wanna Be

Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 01:43 AM

So the landowner I’m trapping for sends me a pic a couple of days ago of a coyote crossing his driveway, like almost in his front yard. He sends another this morning. I jokingly say I can set a trap there and put “lol” behind it. He then texts back and says put two there.
So I stop by on my afternoon check and he comes out and shows me the camera and we figure out where he’s crossing and I put a flat set in with a couple small rat holes with my driver and a blind set on the trail. Told him to feel free to dispatch if I make a catch and he sees it before I get there.
If I catch him, it will definitely be a first catching one in someone’s front yard. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AJE

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 01:48 AM

Cool.
I like your posts and your enthusiasm.
Keep us posted on this set.
Posted By: charman03

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 01:58 AM

I’ve caught fox/coon and shot deer in my front yard like that lol. I just made a big dirthole off to the side a little.

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 02:02 AM

Caught a coyote this morning in a set that I’ve already caught 2 possums in. I was actually gonna pull it this weekend and move it. I haven’t done anything to it in almost 2 weeks other than drive by in the truck. It was actually disappointing. It was right on a curve with an overgrown unused 2 track going straight down into the bottom making it almost a Y. I had high hopes for it, and then the possums. This morning made it all good again, lol.

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by charman03
I’ve caught fox/coon and shot deer in my front yard like that lol. I just made a big dirthole off to the side a little.

I made sure he understood that if a catch is made that there’d be a catch circle...like some serious tore up ground. He said, my yard man will fix it, just catch it.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 02:31 AM

Yup been there done that. Even had a sign warning them but they have to learn the hard way.

[Linked Image]

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/18/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by yoteguts
Yup been there done that. Even had a sign warning them but they have to learn the hard way.

[Linked Image]

Haha! That’s awesome man!!
Posted By: ShawneeMan

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/19/20 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by yoteguts

[Linked Image]

Too funny!!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/19/20 02:34 AM

Good luck.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/21/20 09:25 AM

I hope you get it, Wanna Be.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/21/20 11:53 AM

i check 4 traps from my desk every mornin this time of year.

Re: Figured what the heck - 01/21/20 11:55 AM

Since traps placed...no pics of coyote, lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums