Home

Hagz 110 coni bracket problem

Posted By: Duckie1

Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/30/19 02:36 AM

Anyone else have a problem with 110’s constantly misfiring after the installation of hagz brackets. I have about 40 traps setup with them to test them and the brackets work good for trap placement, but the traps keep misfiring. My traps were all prepped the same way except the other 40 or so don’t have brackets and are not misfiring. Anyone else have this issue and find a solution?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/30/19 02:42 AM

Same brand of traps? Certain brands have issues out of the box and need some work to keep from misfiring.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/30/19 05:07 AM

I have not heard of that problem.
Posted By: Mousey Trapper

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/30/19 05:29 AM

Check your PM box

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/30/19 06:20 PM

The only ones I have this issue with are BMI ‘s that I’ve been using for at least 10 years with no problems. The only way to keep them set is to use the closest notch on the dog and even then they still fire way to easy. No wax used on them and the dogs and triggers are clean.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/30/19 06:51 PM

i would look closely at the contact the trigger is making with the dog when you try to set it.Something isnt allowing the dog to seat on the jaw properly. Try setting the trap but instead of placing the dog on the trigger, set, or try to set, it on the jaw so it cant fire. If the trap does stay set, the problem is on the trigger itself. If it doesnt stay set that way, the notches on the dog are too tight and need enlarged slightly with a round file.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 12/31/19 12:51 AM

Great idea Sniper!
Posted By: HAGz

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/06/20 02:21 AM

Duckie, feel free to contact us at anytime if you think our product(s) are causing an issue. We will make it right with you or try and help you overcome the problem.

Technically, it would be nearly impossible for the clip, on the end of the spring to affect the dog/trigger sensitivity. That said, if those BMI's are lightly triggered, it could be possible if you have excessive movement of the trap/rod the combination of the movement, current, bait drag, etc could be causing a miss-fire.

Again, please contact us at info@j3o.com and we will gladly help you out.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/06/20 02:22 AM

HAGz always has top notch customer service from my experience.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/07/20 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by AJE
HAGz always has top notch customer service from my experience.

Thank you AJE

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/08/20 02:09 AM

Tried Snipers' idea the traps stayed set when the dog was set directly on the jaw. I filed the last two notches on several traps and that seems to have solved the problem the dog engages the jaw/trigger system better and the traps do not misfire any more.
Posted By: Backbreaker

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/08/20 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by Duckie1
Tried Snipers' idea the traps stayed set when the dog was set directly on the jaw. I filed the last two notches on several traps and that seems to have solved the problem the dog engages the jaw/trigger system better and the traps do not misfire any more.

I've never figured out an economic way to stake the Hagz. Doesn't seem worth it. What do you use?

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/09/20 02:07 AM

I am using 3/8" 4 and 5 foot fiberglass fence posts that I bought online. Paid about 2.50 each and they are working great. Just about done with my season and I have not had a single one break or splinter even though I have had to pound some of them in on clay creek bottoms. Best thing is transporting them. I store and transport in a 4" pvc pipe 5 ' long with caps on each end, can fit 60+ in each pipe. Initial cost is high but it looks like I will get many years out of them.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/09/20 10:10 AM

HAGz sells long thin gray fiberglass rods that are nice in certain situations such as deep h20. He's the only retailer I've ever seen sell the long thin ones. I wish I would have bought more. Maybe he'll be at our convention this Fall.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/09/20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by AJE
HAGz sells long thin gray fiberglass rods that are nice in certain situations such as deep h20. He's the only retailer I've ever seen sell the long thin ones. I wish I would have bought more. Maybe he'll be at our convention this Fall.

Hit em at the NTA.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/10/20 08:38 PM

Hi guys. Tractor supply sells 4' rods for $1.29 last I looked. We do carry the 6' rods for $33/doz and have worked to get shipping at reasonable prices, but best is to pick up at a convention if you want the 6' rods. We haven't made our schedule yet but will certainly be at the NTA, we are also going to attend the Minnesota convention and North Carolina conventions this year.

Originally Posted by Duckie1
Initial cost is high but it looks like I will get many years out of them.

Duckie, the rods we carry are the rods with sunguard and have a 10 year mfg warranty. I have some I have used for well over 10 years, more likely 15 with zero issues.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/10/20 11:56 PM

I'll try to get more of those special 6' rods next time I see you in Marshfield.

Re: Hagz 110 coni bracket problem - 01/13/20 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by AJE
I'll try to get more of those special 6' rods next time I see you in Marshfield.

Sounds good AJE!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums