Home

Conibears for skunks

Posted By: CoonHuntRedbones

Conibears for skunks - 11/18/19 05:05 PM

One of my coworkers has a skunk burrowing under their commercial kitchen. What is the best way to trap them without spraying? Can be trapped dead or alive that part doesn’t matter he just wants it gone.
I have looked in the archives but everything on there is mainly for live trapping them. Do conibears work and they don’t spray?
Thoughts? Thanks!
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: Conibears for skunks - 11/18/19 05:41 PM

A covered cage is your best bet to avoid them spraying.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Conibears for skunks - 11/18/19 06:21 PM

X2 covered cage.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Conibears for skunks - 11/18/19 11:19 PM

I used conibears most of the time they did not let go. Set it in front of the hole. 160 or 220 will work.I used cage traps also and before move the trap cover it to not get the animal scared .
Posted By: 20scout

Re: Conibears for skunks - 11/18/19 11:58 PM

Used both covered live trap and conibears depending upon the situation and have had a few cut lose in a coni.
Posted By: silkyplainscoyot

Re: Conibears for skunks - 11/20/19 03:45 PM

Tube traps are better than cage traps for skunks. You don't have to cover the trap. Once it's caught just pick up trap and take to another location to dispatch. If you know of anyone who has one see if you can borrow it.
Posted By: thedude055

Re: Conibears for skunks - 11/20/19 03:58 PM

Humptulips on here has a method he showed at a trappers education class i took of his years ago. Very slick for skunk. PVC pipe style trap with an air valve on the end of it. He pumps a gas throew the valve and dispatches skunks without spraying. Now that is a detailed because he encounters a lot of skunks but it works well for him. I have caught three so far this year in dog proofs with no spray in the catch or dispatch. Knowing the correct location for dispatch is pretty key to that though. Heart and Lungs not head.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums