Home

Steel screen??

Posted By: Trap4fur

Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 12:04 PM

Hey men.. who sells a good stiff screen for pan covers for my winter trapping I like bedding in wax and cover with duff kind of likenmark Zagger does
Posted By: son-of-grizz

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 01:02 PM

F&T has aluminum screen covers
Posted By: tbn

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 01:12 PM

Keg Creek Baits. Marty sells the stiff steel screen if that is what you use.
Posted By: 316

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 01:18 PM

O Gorman sells some nice stiff metal screen.
Posted By: acron

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 01:40 PM

From Zagger himself

Attached picture EF9DF7B1-3A39-420E-B291-657B5571A998.png
Posted By: Trap4fur

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 01:47 PM

Thank you guys for replying. How do I get on O’Gorman website or what ever he has seems I can’t find it but I am terrible on a computer also.
Posted By: Rcates

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 02:53 PM

Keg Creek Lures, John Graham, and several other bait and lure makers offer it as well.
Posted By: AnthonyT

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 04:12 PM

I have been using the screen Marty at Keg Creek sells and it has been working well. Good stiff screen that does what it is suppose to do.
Posted By: Sharpsman

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 05:02 PM

O'Gorman (406) 436 2234 just ordered a gallon of bait and screen this morning. Just call Nancy she will take care of you.
Posted By: Sharpsman

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/06/18 05:32 PM

Also when you order from Ogorman you will get the coolest catalog out there
Posted By: dirt trapper

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/07/18 12:44 AM

NO-BS lures 641-228-0050 Coated steel trap screen . Kendall Obermier also a great coyote lure k-9 x-treme force
Posted By: LDW

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/07/18 01:10 PM

I tried screen for the first time this year. Used it with about half the sets, tried landscape cloth on the other half. Every and I mean Every set with the screen was messed with. They would scratch at it until they uncovered the trap. The other sets were not bothered. I used at least 2 sets at each location, one set with each pan cover. Only the screen was affected. Probably something I'm doing wrong, Used NO BS screen on NO BS Extremes, screen fit perfectly without any bubbled up in the middle. Any Ideas?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/08/18 12:37 AM

Just ordered some from Keg Creek...we shall see. Tried some fiberglass screen this Summer and it was ok, but didn’t work as I hoped. Did end up catching some critters with it, but really hoping I can make this steel screen work like I want. This summer and so far this winter has been WET! Trapping season opened last weekend and we got 5-6” of rain...and they’re forecasting another 1-3” this weekend.
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/08/18 11:08 PM

I like the galvanized screen best, I have some stiffer black screen to use up or sell
Posted By: newfox1

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/09/18 01:09 PM

We use hardware cloth,throw em right in with traps when we boil.
Posted By: DROCK

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/09/18 02:15 PM

I just bought some from Kaatz bros. Stiff, works for me.
Posted By: VH60

Re: Steel screen?? - 12/09/18 05:19 PM

I've bought the Keg Creek pan covers ,some from Graham and looked at and handled No BS covers . They are all excellent screen and hold up well so far through the snow , ice and freezing they have been through . They have been reusable at remakes though I probably wouldn't try to re use them at a new clean set because they get pretty funky after a catch with slobber , blood and catch circle stink so you can go through them pretty quick . The one thing is they are all kinda spendy if you need a lot of them . I decided to make all my sets using Zaggers bedding method (so far its worked out so well that I won't go back to bedding traps any other way if I can help it) . To go a little cheaper I bought a roll of regular metal screen from the hardware store . I cut the screen double the length I need , fold it over and staple the two sides with a few staples each . You get a stiffer cover with an open end that slides over the pan . It holds up any covering and won't blow off the trap in a strong wind . And its cheap .
© 2024 Trapperman Forums