Home

#3 Montana question

Posted By: Spur

#3 Montana question - 07/31/18 11:55 PM

Does anybody have some #3 Montana dog less traps like John Graham sells. I like the looks of the trap but before I buy I need to know what the measurement of the set trap is. I live in Pa. and traps here can't be over 6 1/2 inches wide measured across the dog. The measurement has to be outside to outside of the jaw. I realize these traps are dogless but that is where the measurement is described in the regulation. I guess in these traps you would measure across where the pan connects with the jaw. Thank you folks.
Posted By: jettcash

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/01/18 01:34 AM

I'm from central Pa also. I own Montana #3 dogless and they are legal and work great. Have caught coyote and bobcat using them.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/06/18 09:06 PM

Jawspread IIRC is 5 5/8" inside across the pan to where the "dog" would be. They are the same size as a bridger #2 dog-on trap
Posted By: Swifty

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/09/18 12:29 AM

Here you go.
Posted By: ScottPhillips

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/12/18 12:52 PM

John could give you all the specks on them send him a PM.

Scott

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/23/18 03:57 PM

Thank you folks.Your answer cost me about 200.00 with trap cost plus shipping. Seriously thank you for taking your time to measure the traps.
Posted By: ttzt

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/23/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Spur
Thank you folks.Your answer cost me about 200.00 with trap cost plus shipping. Seriously thank you for taking your time to measure the traps.

Not sure if your are being appreciative of sarcastic. Can you elaborate?

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/25/18 10:43 PM

I was being thankful. After you folks gave me the information I ordered a dozen. With the price of the traps and the shipping the cost didn't leave much change out of $200.00.
Posted By: Turd Furgeson

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/25/18 11:13 PM

They are a nice little trap, the screen John sells is perfect for them, also his t bone special lure is a good one.
Posted By: ttzt

Re: #3 Montana question - 08/26/18 11:15 PM

Great, glad you are happy with them. I have a couple of dozen and will get anther dozen before season opens. Heck of a trap.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums