Home

Beefed springs

Posted By: gkempf

Beefed springs - 02/26/18 11:04 PM

Just picked up some Victor 3 dls. Not pleased with the strength of the springs. Just put new springs on some Sleepy Creeks @ $12.00 a trap. Anyone have any experience with beefier springs. A lot cheaper but if they aren’t as good as new springs I will just suck it up and put new springs on them. Thanks
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 03:31 AM

Have you considered those helper springs that go inside the existing springs? You will find them in any number of catalogs that should be sitting on your desk. I am pretty sure keith has them at Sterling Fur for 1 place
Posted By: luvcanids

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 01:36 PM

Yeh the helpers do a good job
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 01:52 PM

The JC Connor trap modification video has the best mod I've seen for beefing up .he takes #2 springs and fits them inside #3 springs
Posted By: TONY.F

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 03:20 PM

have you tried putting a 3/4 pipe in the springs and hitting it with a rubber mallet? That is the method I like cheap. And the helper springs wont be pinching your hands while setting. FYI go slow and easy spring steel can crack if forced to quickly! A two pieced spring only leaves one option! Which ultimately is the best way.
Posted By: bhugo

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 09:31 PM

The helpers need to be wired on or attached somehow in bigger traps. They are super strong. The pipe trick works ok for a while. I’d try it out. You can find good used traps cheaper than buying new springs.
Posted By: luvcanids

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 10:18 PM

I pop rivet them
Posted By: gkempf

Re: Beefed springs - 02/27/18 11:59 PM

Thanks guys.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums