Home

Wolf Fangs: chain or cable

Posted By: creekfox87

Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 02:57 PM

Does anyone run chain on their wolf fangs? If so what are the advantages over cable?
Thanks,
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 04:49 PM

I have both cable and chains on mine. I will be switching them all to chains next year because if you don’t get the deep enough and set the anchor, the cable will stick up.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 04:50 PM

I use cable. It's cheaper and If you run Into problems when It's time to pull you can easily cut the cable. The other thing Is I don't like the big hole that the chain leaves when you drive the chained up stakes. And It's harder to drive stakes with chain Into the ground then It Is with cable.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 05:10 PM

I don't use wolf fangs but I've used both cable and chain on the earth anchors I have and all mine are chain now.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 05:37 PM

haven't used wolf fangs yet but I use both chain and cable for the reasons above chains do coil up flatter I use #3 straight link but in loose sandy ground its more convenient to hook up a couple cable stakes and double up also a gob of cables can be thrown in the box and not tangle up like chain
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 06:58 PM

Mine are hybrids with 12" of 1/8" cable and 6" of chain on top.This gives me a range of 12"-18" of depth with no cable sticking up.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 07:26 PM

So your adding cable and chain to your Initial chain set up?
I use a heavy quick link between my cable staking system and my trap chain.
Posted By: RiversNorth13

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/02/18 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Taximan
Mine are hybrids with 12" of 1/8" cable and 6" of chain on top.This gives me a range of 12"-18" of depth with no cable sticking up.

Same here
Posted By: tak6165

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/03/18 02:27 AM

I run cable thinking that switching to chain would increase longevity of them if I leave them in the ground from year to year. Then I wouldn’t have to go out in the spring to pull those I can’t get out of the frozen ground.
Posted By: Jboski

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/03/18 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Taximan

That is genius! I be converting all of mine to this. Thanks Taximan
Posted By: LDW

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/03/18 04:54 AM

I use strictly cable. Like the fact that I can just clip and go. Really have never had a problem with the loop sticking up out of the trap bed, over drive the anchor.
Posted By: RiversNorth13

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/03/18 05:27 AM

Can still cut the cable and run .

Posted By: Rick Otts

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/04/18 12:02 AM

I use chain but when it's froze in and I can't get it out I leave the chain with a piece of flagging on it.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/04/18 05:35 PM

Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/04/18 06:36 PM

cable so I can cut and run especially in frozen ground
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Wolf Fangs: chain or cable - 01/05/18 12:58 PM

Cable. I don't get the end sticking up thing, I just bend it over and shove it in the driver hole.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums