Home

Bobcats!

Posted By: Rattlesnake kid

Bobcats! - 12/29/17 09:46 PM

I love catching cats! I’ve got 4 so far (that’s really good for me). Just wondering what are some of your favorite sets to use in a lot of snow? I like my walk threw/blind flat sets. Also exposed vs covered? And how to bed the trap in sub 0 temps? Thanks!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Bobcats! - 12/29/17 09:58 PM

Walk thru cubbie set.
Posted By: Taximan

Re: Bobcats! - 12/30/17 01:49 AM

Nice job Rattlesnake Kid.Good to hear from you.Do you have any pictures?
Posted By: red mt

Re: Bobcats! - 12/30/17 03:39 AM

Glad to hear,any pictures.
Posted By: Yotegiter

Re: Bobcats! - 12/30/17 02:45 PM

I catch a very equal amount in the exposed walkthrough sets as I do in a big dirt hole. I DONT do the flagging thing though as I find if not put in the right spot it can do more harm than good.

Re: Bobcats! - 12/31/17 05:37 PM

I’ll get some pictures on here as soon as I figure it out haha. It’s good to hear from you as well taximan!

Re: Bobcats! - 12/31/17 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Yotegiter
I catch a very equal amount in the exposed walkthrough sets as I do in a big dirt hole. I DONT do the flagging thing though as I find if not put in the right spot it can do more harm than good.
so with a lot of snow, just scoop and sweep a 3 foot area and expose the dirt for a set?

Re: Bobcats! - 12/31/17 06:43 PM

I sweep as big an area as I can and then kick and scrape the dirt with my boot's,throwing top soil and duff everywhere.the point is,1.To clear the set.2.To make a big,visual disturbance that can be seen for aways.

You should be able to find some good,dry stuff,up under the cedars,to cover your traps with.The fallen needles,dry,rotted needles and often there is dry dirt under there that can work.If the set is in a windy spot,you might need to sift a light layer of dry,local dirt on top to hold the cedar duff in place.

I always try to find sheltered places for the sets when I can.In this country,that's often the base of a big fir tree and sometimes,if I'm lucky,an overhanging ledge,which there aren't enough here to suit me.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/01/18 12:04 AM

Okay so I have an area I’m thinking of, lots of timber and coulees, so I should probably focus on settin in good cover in the coulees?

Re: Bobcats! - 01/01/18 04:01 AM

Well,sheltered spots are good for keeping sets working but they need to be close to the cats line of travel or you will have a nice,unfrozen set with no cat.Keep in mind cats love to visit very prominent features in the landscape.It might be a stand out,big rock or cluster of rocks,a big,lone tree,etc.They do like to follow coulees.They should be in or close to good cover.Areas that hold cottontails and pack rats should be good.If you have any overhanging ledges,I'd check them out.Sounds like you don't need it but good luck.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/02/18 04:38 PM

Alrighty thank you! The walk threw you should me has been my favorite and most successful set! And those MB’s you gave me have been great and catchin cats! Thanks again!

Re: Bobcats! - 01/02/18 05:54 PM

I appreciate the credit but I'm sure I wasn't the one that gave you the traps.Keep us posted and hope you get the picture thing figured out.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 07:16 AM

There!! I figured it out. Gold star for me haha
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 01:26 PM

I think your gold star is a black hole!!

You cant use Photo bucket go to Imgur.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 03:59 PM

how do I use Imgur?
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 06:52 PM

go to Imgur.com and up load photos just like photobucket

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 07:11 PM

https://i.imgur.com/z1ks5M0.jpg

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 07:11 PM

I think that worked, thanks!
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 07:54 PM

Posted By: Marty B

Re: Bobcats! - 01/05/18 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Rattlesnake kid

That's the images address on imgur.

To make it show up on forums choose the link with [img] tags on each end of that address.

I think it's called bbcode.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/06/18 05:59 PM

Beautiful cat RK and looks like a great location as well.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/06/18 09:33 PM

Thank you! I’ve taken two cats in that location this year so far.

Re: Bobcats! - 01/08/18 03:32 AM

[

Here’s the other kitties
Posted By: red mt

Re: Bobcats! - 01/08/18 04:22 AM

Nice cats kid
© 2024 Trapperman Forums