Home

DP Bait

Posted By: TrappingForFun

DP Bait - 06/21/23 11:22 AM

How do i make a good dp bait? ima probaly gonna use floating catfish food brown sugar mnms
salt mix it all up any other good recipes like grounded up crawfish or something?
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: DP Bait - 06/21/23 12:11 PM

I was a big fan of pre-baiting locations. get the critters use to coming to a central location for a couple weeks before season. Makes catching large numbers quickly a whole lot easier. I use to bow fish a low so Carp chunks has worked well for us in the past.

my preferred DP bait is taking 5-gallon bucket and fill it 1/2 full of corn. Then pour over enough beers to cover the corn (the cheap stuff works just fine). Let sit and ferment for a while. This works well for pre-baiting locations as well as DP traps. the corn will swell up, so it doesn't take many kernels per trap.
Posted By: misterb

Re: DP Bait - 06/21/23 06:01 PM

Coon love marshmallows in a dp, cram one below the trigger and put one on the top for visual.
Posted By: Turtledale

Re: DP Bait - 06/21/23 08:33 PM

Fish flavored cat food with a trailing scent of fish oil
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: DP Bait - 06/23/23 02:16 AM

Had a neighbor call yesterday with a coon problem. Took 8 dps over a little fishy cat food , a marshmallow or 2 in trap, a few marshmallows around trap and a small amount of Cavens moonshine or Jameson urban wildlife one top rim of trap and 5 coons this morning.
Posted By: Gayle08

Re: DP Bait - 06/28/23 08:24 AM

I get this fig bait from a guy up here where I live, or at least it smells like figs, works fire every time I've used it I've caught critters, if I make my own bait I'll use some kind of cheap cat food buy a can of sardines or oysters smoked, mix in a little bit of grape jelly and some mini marshmallows then use maple syrup around the set, also works really well. Honestly around where I live at you can use just about anything to catch coon
© 2024 Trapperman Forums